Tech Tree Manager & Editor

ShadowDev

Tech Tree Manager & Editor

Tech tree manager:
SpaceDock

GIT

This mod allows you to use custom tech trees, along with other QOL features:

• Vertical scroll, used for larger tech trees.
  • Multi requirement display, Fixes the issue where multiple requirements are hidden.
  • Custom tree loader.
  • Tree selector

License: MIT

Install this mod using ckan

Editor:

The Editor

GIT

This editor allows you to edit and create custom tech trees for Tech Tree Manager and Patch Manager 

• TTM tree import & export
  • PM tree export
  • PM Node update export - (useful for modders to add and remove parts from the tree)
  • Part selector
  • visual tree editor
  • localization generation

License: MIT

Latest update:

Editor Update

Added

Updated

• toolbar design and layout
    • Feedback wanted
  • Json to csv, csv to json code
    • Thanks to munix for the update to this
Edited by ShadowDev
Editor update

Sweet!

I just tested it and made myself a "Probes First" tech tree by moving around the nodes and adding 3 new ones. However, the 3 new ones do not show the title and description text, but do have the correct parts and science cost.

I gave the nodes an ID, and it's correctly referenced in the .csv. An suggestions?

cheers

1 hour ago, SuisseRaclette said:

Sweet!

I just tested it and made myself a "Probes First" tech tree by moving around the nodes and adding 3 new ones. However, the 3 new ones do not show the title and description text, but do have the correct parts and science cost.

I gave the nodes an ID, and it's correctly referenced in the .csv. An suggestions?

cheers

Nvm, it's fixed now. How? No idea.

On 1/7/2024 at 3:01 AM, ToffeeTrish said:

Very intuitive, any way to add custom parts?  Clicking the "Import Parts" button doesn't do anything.

the import parts is not implemented yet. 
its on my todo list but it has no eta atm.

you can still add custom parts by putting the part id into the parts list on the node

iT0BaTEIQg.png

• 1 month later...

Editor Update

Added

Updated

• toolbar design and layout
    • Feedback wanted
  • Json to csv, csv to json code
    • Thanks to munix for the update to this

Installed your tech tree and lost all my stock parts like fuel tanks and parachutes. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to import the old stock parts from a .csv file. If not, how do I reinstall them. I can't use ships I created because it says "locked parts). I guess I'm way outta my league here. Are there ways to reinstall the stock parts AND have and advanced tech tree components from the manager The only way I was able to even install the mod was using using CKan zip importer. I see you have a way to use csv files to add parts but I can't find a way to import them unless I need a script? Have people created  files that an be loaded into the manager to restore stock parts. I'd hate to have to go through a csv file trying to find and restore so many parts. Takes the fun out of this.

Thanks for any clarification on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks, I did siome reasearch and rread your posts and understand a lot more now. I think the peoblem was that I treied tha Start Of Space Mission and itr took away all the manned vessaels. I tyried reinstalling and deleating Inspiraation folder with mixed results. Thanks again for all yyou dedication and work I think I got it now. I reread your instructions in more detail (should a' done that first)

I think what happened is I tried the Beginning of Space exploration mission and it deleted all the manned parts. I tried reinstalling all the modes and even deleted the Inspiration folder with mixed results. I never was able to install the OAB and other modes that seemed to set up a toggle for parts. I also looked at rewriting the parts scripts but that was beyond me. I got good at KSP 1 persistent files, the is a new learning curve and at 70 I'm not as quick on the uptake ;-)

Thank you ALL for you contestant dedication to this project and all your hard work, we Kerbanauts appreciate it! Tim