Heat Disable -> Re-enable not applied till after KSC return

Aevitas

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Home | CPU: i7-13700k | GPU: GTX 1080 Ti | RAM32GB

Due to parts within a fairing nearly exploding when ascending from the KSC, I disabled Heat for the duration of Kerbin ascent. I re-enabled "Heat" once I was in LKO.

However, when I arrived at my mission destination, Jool, and undocked a Jool probe, I sent it down.

Eventually I passed the 40K mark, and then the 30K, etc etc. I ended up crashing on Jools "Surface".

Before viewing: The video is my second descent. After this is taken, I return to a prior quicksave and enabled "unbreakable joints" - The top half of the probe exploded, the rest did not.

After the cut, that is showing a craft I teleported down there via the "rendezous" cheat, and the half of the probe that survived on my 3rd descent. I disabled 'Heat' so as to return to to spot and mark it with a flag. I then re-enabled Heat, which strangely enough caused everything to explode.

It is strange because Heat was enabled prior, but the setting did not go into effect. I guess returning to KSC did something.

I cut the video down to 1:10 instead of nearly 17 minutes to only show the important first part, and the intriguing second part.

Included Attachments:

Edited by Spicat

0 answers to this question

There have been no responses to this bug report yet