Bug Status [1/25]

• KSP Team

o3OOels.png

Heya Kerbonauts,

Welcome back to the K.E.R.B.! First up, BIG KSP2 NEWS! v0.2.1.0 arrives NEXT TUESDAY (1/30) with heat balance improvements, map UI updates, and many bug fixes!

Highlights_0.2.1.0_Steam.png

Hope you're excited for that! We think reentry heating definitely feels better and we're looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

The table has been updated below on bug progress and some of these fixes are shipping with the patch next week. Don't have many updates past that!

One quick note: you'll notice that "SAS does not hold orientation during time warp" is absent from this list. As we've done before, we've decided to remove this one from the K.E.R.B. list to keep things moving, since we don't have any plans to work on this in the short-term. We agree that using time warp and SAS together during long maneuvers is a valuable goal, but this requires additional design and engineering work which is significant enough that it won't be coming soon. We'll share details on progress in this area when there's news.

See you next week!

KSP Team

Community's Current Top Issues: 

# Bug Status
1 No trajectory lines in map view Partial fix being tested
2 Stage activation requires a double-click / double-spacebar pressing Fix implemented and verified
3 Parts inside fairing heating up Fix being tested
4 Incorrect "landed" status while in orbit causes trajectory to disappear in Map View Reproducible
5 Rovers are hitting a physics glitch every 1000m from the Location of Rover Being Loaded into the Game with Disastrous Results Improved, investigating long-term solutions
6 "Experiment" button shows available experiments even though the experiments have been done before Fix implemented and verified

Upper atmospheres heat up and destroy parts far too quickly

Fix implemented and verified
8 Timewarp limit is too restrictive on some non-atmospheric planets (Gilly, Bop, Minmus...) Reproducible
9 Illuminators (lights) do not function [Flicker/Blink for a second and turn off] Fix implemented and verified
10 Landing gear blocked when it is not [also happens with other deployable parts] Unable to reliably reproduce
11 Parachutes didn't deploy Partial fix being tested
12 Control Surface Oscillation in Atmosphere Reproducible
13 Broken DeltaV with multiple engines and/or with side tank attached [fuel tank placement order messes up dV calculations] Investigating
14 For the difficulty of the LIL CHONKER mission, 35 Science as a reward is too low Fix being tested
15 Resource Manager (RM) disallows re-placement of a resource in the Transfer list of the RM, creating duplicates in the parts list of the RM Investigating
16 Dr. Keri Kerman repeating the first textbox on the Minmus discoverable mission debrief Fix implemented and verified
17 A Kerbal on EVA Exerts a Force upon the Vessel Investigating

Orbit decay still happening [Landing legs or certain parts interacting can cause it]

Fix implemented and verified
19 When Trying to Close a Fairing on a Part, it will Disappear Instead. Investigating
20 VAB camera offset whenever middle mouse clicking on part after panning Investigating

Note: this report is not fully representative of the work our team is focused on. This is just to provide insight into our progress on the most concerning issues to our community. Additionally, the lack of a status update does not imply a lack of importance or general progress - we just do not have anything to share at this time.

Hi everyone!   Just wanted to add that I've got a brand new role on the team reporting directly to me!    It's a QA Tools Engineer (SDET) role and encompasses the sort of work that was previously done by our software engineering team, that we're now moving into the QA organization.   Come join us to make some cool new tools, automation & frameworks for KSP2!
https://careers.take2games.com/job/5605197?gh_jid=5605197

And be sure to check out all of our other open roles across the team:   https://www.interceptgames.com/#jobs

5 Rovers are hitting a physics glitch every 1000m from the Location of Rover Being Loaded into the Game with Disastrous Results Improved, investigating long-term solutions

"Improved"... :valsob::sob::valsob::sob:

I am NOT looking forward to the day when this is removed from the KERB due to "investigating long-term solutions".

Edited by regex

11 minutes ago, regex said:

"Improved"... :valsob::sob::valsob::sob:

I am NOT looking forward to the day when this is removed from the KERB due to "investigating long-term solutions".

"Improved: rover glitches now only every 1652m"

Good in general, though I am dissapointed seeing control surface issue *12 is still work-in-progress. Re-entry fixes are good because stuff in nowdays KSP2 just heat up too quickly: I have a blackbird which flies well in 0.1.5 but it would just explode at max speed after FS.

25 minutes ago, Snips said:

Mh, and not a single word about commnet and occlusion.

They've talked about this before (check the discord dev tracker) - iirc the plan rn, with all the other priorities, is to keep it as is until roughly 1.0

3 hours ago, QwertyHpp said:

They've talked about this before (check the discord dev tracker) - iirc the plan rn, with all the other priorities, is to keep it as is until roughly 1.0

So I read this posting by Nate, and there is just "...it's definitly a thing we want to revisit, but as always we're have to balance multiple prorities." No statement that it will be coming after 1.0. And just a short but clear statement was all I wish for. Here - not on discord. And for a game, that aims to be a physical space simulation, it's sad that something like commnet and occlusion is a "maybe".

51 minutes ago, Snips said:

, it's sad that something like commnet and occlusion is a "maybe".

It's not a maybe, they said the want this. The reason they gave for postponing is that they want to have some sort of visualization to with it to inform the gamer. It is this visualization that needs more time. That said, most KSP2 players today are pretty hardcore, so an option could be to just activate the occlusion and develop the visualization later.

(Don't know if you are aware, but your comments read quite salty and grumpy, a bit infantile, I'm assuming that this is just my interpretation)