How to terminate deployable science?

Like the title says, how can I terminate deployable science?  I’d like to do some clean up and get rid of “junk” left on the Mun.  I can no longer pick it up or interact with it using a Kerbal, so please don’t suggest this option.  
Is it possible to terminate like you would with debris floating around?  If not, where in the file system would I need to make an edit?  In the saved game file?  I’m not sure, and afraid to touch the saved file if I don’t have to. 

Thanks in advance!

Option 1: Pick them up. You should be able to. If you have deployed science, you have the DLC that allowed you to place it. Actually that may not even have been part of the DLC and just was part of KSP when the DLC came out. I forget what's in what.

Option 2: Tracking station, find them on the map (Make sure they're not filtered out in the list of craft at the top of the screen), delete/terminate/recover them (whatever the option is called).

Option 3: Tracking station, find them on the map, change their type to "Debris", and then in the options set max persistent debris to 0.

Edited by Superfluous J

3 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

Option 1: Pick them up. You should be able to. If you have deployed science, you have the DLC that allowed you to place it. Actually that may not even have been part of the DLC and just was part of KSP when the DLC came out. I forget what's in what.

Option 2: Tracking station, find them on the map (Make sure they're not filtered out in the list of craft at the top of the screen), delete/terminate/recover them (whatever the option is called).

Option 3: Tracking station, find them on the map, change their type to "Debris", and then in the options set max persistent debris to 0.

Thanks I will try options 2 or 3.  Option 1 is not an option, as I mentioned in the OP because I think there’s a bug that others have also experienced from my Google searching.  I know how to pick up, deploy, EVA construct, etc and none of it works.  The deployables are just stuck there on the surface and nothing can be done with them, no matter what type of Kerbal, or what their experience level is.  I’ve wasted too many rockets and fuel sending different crews to try and fix this.  

However, there are other threads about this bug so let’s not try to solve it here.  Let’s just keep this thread on topic… how to terminate them.  

Thanks for the response, I’ll try out those other options next time I’m on the PC.  

• 1 month later...