Kerbal News #03

BREAKING NEWS: Atom Aerospace's first ever successful Eve probe landed on Eve,  another great accomplish for the Kerbalkind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFiMoR70ko

Andrew Kerman was killed because SAS failure of the Reentry Pod during reentry from Minmus City, fortunately he was given another life from "Magic".

Bubblegum founded on launchpad and was cleaned off, ready to launch from again.

One strategy I used in latest playthrough is that its an Eve launch window closing at the start of the game, if you are fast an farm Mun and Minmus for science and unlock the atmospheric sensor and preferable the rover sampling arm you can get serious amount of science early. Transmitted atmospheric measurement is 800 I think for each biome and you can fly at 89 km. 
Better land it, an biome on land give 1000 transmitted for environment and 1200 with the sampler arm, in water I think you only get 50 + 1200 from sample arm. 

Gilly is also an easy target and here an manned mission is tempting, this also let you collect the atmospheric samples you collected if you have an rover seat on the probe so an kerbal can pick them up. Its over 6000 science there and 4000 from Gilly. I only brought two probes and one I have to keep in orbit so a kerbal can collect the data, should had an probe core and rover seat I could drop of in Eve orbit :) Or an dedicated probe for upper atmosphere and more landers. 
In short is lots of early science, no it not an cheap burn 5 km /s total I think but well wort it. 

2 hours ago, magnemoe said:

One strategy I used in latest playthrough is that its an Eve launch window closing at the start of the game, if you are fast an farm Mun and Minmus for science and unlock the atmospheric sensor and preferable the rover sampling arm you can get serious amount of science early. Transmitted atmospheric measurement is 800 I think for each biome and you can fly at 89 km. 
Better land it, an biome on land give 1000 transmitted for environment and 1200 with the sampler arm, in water I think you only get 50 + 1200 from sample arm. 

Gilly is also an easy target and here an manned mission is tempting, this also let you collect the atmospheric samples you collected if you have an rover seat on the probe so an kerbal can pick them up. Its over 6000 science there and 4000 from Gilly. I only brought two probes and one I have to keep in orbit so a kerbal can collect the data, should had an probe core and rover seat I could drop of in Eve orbit :) Or an dedicated probe for upper atmosphere and more landers. 
In short is lots of early science, no it not an cheap burn 5 km /s total I think but well wort it. 

yeah I did have a gilly mission, and I think a drone or boat or rover on eve will be cool :)