Can't move Mk1 Command pod in EVA Construction mode

Hello,

I can't move my Mk1 pod. When I initially enter construction mode, it glows green like other movable parts, but nothing happens when I click on it. When I pick and place any other part, the pod stops glowing, and I still can't move it.

I moved that exact same pod earlier, and I can move the Mk2 pod on the same vessel no problem. The pod has no crew and empty inventory. (It does have monopropellant, but it also had it when I originally moved it). There are also no parts attached to it. I tried saving and reloading, restarting the game, settings control to that part and back to something else, transferring crew inside and back out (both with crew transfer and via EVA), placing other parts on it and the moving them back, bringing second engineer on EVA (even though earlier one was enough) - nothing works. Also, I can offset and rotate the part, just not move it.

The vessel is in LKO. I have Making History and Breaking Ground, and no mods. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Zrzut-ekranu-z-2024-02-28-18-51-40.png

13 hours ago, kshksh said:

Hello,

I can't move my Mk1 pod. When I initially enter construction mode, it glows green like other movable parts, but nothing happens when I click on it. When I pick and place any other part, the pod stops glowing, and I still can't move it.

I moved that exact same pod earlier, and I can move the Mk2 pod on the same vessel no problem. The pod has no crew and empty inventory. (It does have monopropellant, but it also had it when I originally moved it). There are also no parts attached to it. I tried saving and reloading, restarting the game, settings control to that part and back to something else, transferring crew inside and back out (both with crew transfer and via EVA), placing other parts on it and the moving them back, bringing second engineer on EVA (even though earlier one was enough) - nothing works. Also, I can offset and rotate the part, just not move it.

The vessel is in LKO. I have Making History and Breaking Ground, and no mods. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

You can't move a part in EVA construction if:

• it's too heavy (not the case here)
  • has other parts attached to it (e.g. docking port, solar panel, communication antenna etc.)
  • is the root part of the vessel (usually the first part placed in the VAB unless you used the re-root tool).

It's most likely the third problem you are running into here. A root part cannot be moved in EVA construction even if it's the ONLY part of the vessel.

Spoiler

Example of error message when part can't be moved because it has other part attached (docking port):

wTGB024.png

Vessel rearranged by moving first docking port then command capsule:

ixAeEnx.png

Trying to move the command pod that is the root part of the vessel (note that no error message is shown, just nothing happens):

bkfLbTo.png

Finally, trying (and failing) to move a command pod that was cheated into rendezvous as a single part vessel (root part):

4yzdlVr.png

Hello,

Thank you for the answer!

I still think I have moved that part before, but maybe I'm wrong.

Is there a way to fix the problem (maybe re-root the craft?) a) without cheats b) with cheats?

Thanks a lot!

Not as far as I know using the stock EVA construction, but it's not too difficult using KIS. The two systems can work side-by-side independently.

Spoiler

Using KIS to detach the root command pod from the test vehicle shown in previous post:

TxUzfXz.png