action groups stopped working.

Both stock and custom action groups have stopped working for two of my ships?  I created several custom action groups and the last two ships I loaded they do not work.  I then tried the standard actions like u for light and they also do nothing. I tried to manually activate then (like extending solar panels) and they do nothing.

I verified I did not have any action group mods.  I then installed action groups extended and that did not fix the problem so I uninstalled that.

Here is the really funky part.  I have 3 bases I recently launched.   I went to the second basre where all the action groups worked.  I then tries to activate them and they no longer worked even things like u for lights.  So I went to the space center launched the craft and on the pad I tries all the groups and they all worked.

I wnet back to my first station base and tried the actiosns and they all are working.  went back to ship 2 and 3 and no action groups work on both of them????

Any ideas work is borking them?  I had to launch this mission 3 times because something went wrong on missions 1 and 2.  I spent an hour relaunching mission three and then no I cant extend my solar panels or antennas  to complete the mission.

Career, science or sandbox?

If career make sure VAB or SPH (whichever the vessels launched from) is upgraded to the necessary level or that you have the option to always allow action groups toggled in the advanced settings.

Posted (edited)

I figured it out.  Looking at coms I noticed 'no crew control'.  The Skyscrane had the probe on it.  So when I decoupled it the core no longer had control.  I feel silly now/.  I sent an engineer out with probe cores foe all three bases/.

Edited by ctbram