What Interstellar Planet Packs are compatible to the Outer Planets Mod (OPM)?

In addition to the Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack as mentioned before, I could also vouch for both the QuackPack mod (which adds 5 new celestial bodies further closer in orbit to Kerbol than Moho) and the Minor Planets Expansion mod (which adds 15 celestial bodies, some even further out than Neidon from the Outer Planets Mod). I also believe that Dreskiller Base would also be compatable, since it also builds upon the stock Kerbin system (much like the Outer Planets Mod, QuackPack, and Minor Planets Expansion), along with the Event Horizon Planet Pack, which, like Kcalbeloh, adds a distant black hole solar system that could be accessed by wormholes (though I've yet to test if both Kcalbeloh and Event Horizon would be compatable with eachother).

Please note that Kcalbeloh does have some optional settings that would allow its black hole system to become the center of the galaxy instead of the Kerbolar System (in which the star of Kerbol would need to get deleted and replaced with a new star named Kerbol, and the planets moved to orbit that new star), though activating it would likely break any of the other mods that add planets within the Kerbolar system (such as the QuackPack and Minor Planets Expanded), with the notable exception of the Outer Planets Mod, which, thankfully, the Kcalbeloh mod designers made a patch for it.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:49 AM, MYKori_Rosales said:

So, what mods are capable of having OPM (If not, ok)?

All interstellar system mods are compatible with OPM because OPM itself is not interstellar and does not fill a huge area that its SOI can clip those of the stars from the other mods.

However, any interstellar mod which has a "home-switch" or "system replacer" function (whether on by default or you turn it on) is usually incompatible because the point is to replace the stock planets.

Now, seeing as you're new to interplanetary and interstellar I'm going to have to introduce you to a meme I made based on observations of players in the Discord server of an interstellar mod:

UC95yy7.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 8:42 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

All interstellar system mods are compatible with OPM because OPM itself is not interstellar and does not fill a huge area that its SOI can clip those of the stars from the other mods.

However, any interstellar mod which has a "home-switch" or "system replacer" function (whether on by default or you turn it on) is usually incompatible because the point is to replace the stock planets.

Now, seeing as you're new to interplanetary and interstellar I'm going to have to introduce you to a meme I made based on observations of players in the Discord server of an interstellar mod:

UC95yy7.png

I'll second this and add that I have Nova Kiribani and OPM and still haven't made it past Duna.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:42 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Correction: Not necessarily all interstellar system mods are fully compatable with mods like OPM, MPE, or QuackPack, especially when they force the Kerbol system to orbit another celestial body, which takes the star of Kerbol's place as the "Sun" in the data files.

@MYKori_Rosales Like I've stated before, be on the lookout for any mods that would also force the Kerbolar System to orbit any other celestial body (such as a supermassive black hole, like the one featured within the Kcalbeloh mod), ESPECIALLY when they do so by making another celestial body (usually within the mod, such as the titular black hole named Kcalbeloh) take the Kerbolar System's sun's place in the data file, and may or may not bother adding a custom star named Kerbol in order to move the vanilla KSP planets (plus some other supported mods' planets, such as from the Outer Planets Mod in Kcalbeloh's case) in orbit around this new star.

If you notice that some celestial bodies that were supposed to be orbiting within the Kerbolar System (whether it's vanilla planets like Kerbin, Eve, Duna, or Jool, OPM planets like Sarnus, Urlum, or Neidon, QuackPack planets like Blas, Jot, or Cind, or MPE planetoids like Crokslev, Edas, Ervo, Geito, Havous, LintMikey, Mracksis, Soden, Vant, or Zore) are not orbiting within the Kerbolar system, and you notice that the star of Kerbol is orbiting something else, then chances are that at least one of your interstellar planet packs (such as Kcalbeloh, the Event Horizon Planet Pack, or some other mod(s) that add(s) 1 or more new star systems (especially supermassive black holes) to explore alongside the Kerbolar System) might be at fault for unwarranted messing with the structure of the Kerbolar system.