Hello there,

I am experiencing a really anoying bug in KSP 1 for some years now.

I am playing KSP 1 with mods.

The bug accurs it seems randomly.  I suddenly can not toggle SAS or RCS anymore. Some buttons on the HUD are also grey as if they are unable to be interacted with.

I think the bug accurs when I load into the craft or even the save. It is not a problem of electricity, conncetion or pilot available. The game is on the latest version (1.12.5) and the mods are also updated. I have some incompatible mods installed but I don`t think they cause this bug as I am able to fly other craft in the same save or other saves fine and the mods are mainly tech tree mods and visual mods). I think the Bug on my current mission happend when I reinstalled KSP and every Mod as I reinstalled my Windows system. The bug also appeared on other crafts in the past but got away after a pretty long time. The current mission that fell victim to this mod is really big and I dont want to wait until the bug magicly disappears again. I don`t even no if the bug will go away at all. Which is why I am searching for a solution to this frustrating problem.

I tried every solution i know: 

1. clearing all input locks in the cheat menu
  2. relaoding the save (restarting the game completly, quick loading, switching to another craft or the space center and then back to my mission)
  3. reinstalling the game and every mod

I don`t now how to link a screenshot to this problem so I will link a video:

I would be happy to find a solution to this bug. So if you know something just answer in this discussion:) Any help is good and i am ready to give answers to further questions concerning this issue.

:)

On 3/28/2024 at 3:57 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Posting your KSP.log file after it happens would be a good idea.

Could you tell me where I can find the file and how I should post it here? :) Thanks for the question:) 

On 3/28/2024 at 3:57 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Posting your KSP.log file after it happens would be a good idea.

The thing is that this big happed months ago and I don't know how to duplicate it. It seems to happen when I reinstall the game and every mod but it already happend so maybe I could create a test mission. I could put it somewhere then save and close the game. Then I will reinstall the game and every mod and see if it fell victim to the bug. 

I also have a rover on mun that is currently severly limited in it's operations by the bug. The brake button next to the altitude display are locked to be on. However I seem to have controll over the vehicle as I can drive when I Manually set the brake force on all wheels to 0%