Take Two Interactive (Rockstar, 2K, Private Division) canceling games, ending projects and laying off 5% of its workforce

Xindar

14 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

Problem is, KSP2 is at its core superior to KSP1 in all areas that matter, ...

At its core KSP2 is identical to KSP1. Same engine, same fundamental problems and limitations.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Acvila said:

I always turn off the music in every single game.

Wha...? why... how....

but it's so freaking good...

Edited by NexusHelium

17 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

KSP2 is at its core superior to KSP1 in all areas that matter

Can you clarify which areas are the ones that matter please?  Because I'm having a hard time reconciling this statement against decaying orbits, missing trajectories, and even a friendlier maneuver node editor.

5 minutes ago, Acvila said:

KSP is better in everything for me, maybe you like shiny things...

It's not just 'shiny things', it's simple features that streamlined and refined the experience, gone is the frankly stupid 'click on this individual part' and in was the Part Manager. The user interface is leagues better in KSP2, the atmosphere (the sound, the score) and the fact it looks *almost* on part with heavily modded KSP2 without the half hour load times. KSP2 always impressed me with it's snappy load times, and quick jumping between map screen, flight screen. The bones were there to 'level up' Kerbal Space Program, and we just got a version (0.2.2) that works properly and is enjoyable.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I personally think, after a lot of mixed feelings over the past year and a bit, we're losing something that *could* have turned into something truly special in the gaming world, a true stand-alone title, in a class of one, truly unique in every sense of the word.

And still very well could. Given the fact we really don't know what's gonna happen yet.

And I can confirm this is not "cope" as some people claim. This is pure hope talking in the faces to the people who are inevitably gonna say "it's terrible and you shouldn't care about it as much." Or "the devs are terrible people and are just scamming you". First of all, the devs are actually kinda great. And second,

Hope is one of the best things I have, and I don't intend to get rid of it anytime soon.

Edited by NexusHelium

Just now, Scarecrow71 said:

Can you clarify which areas are the ones that matter please?  Because I'm having a hard time reconciling this statement against decaying orbits, missing trajectories, and even a friendlier maneuver node editor.

Hey, there's no doubting it had it's issues (a fair few of which are scheduled to be ticked off in the next update), but back when KSP1 was a fledgling it was barely even a game. I mean I remember loading it on a pretty powerful system and getting literal individual frames per second, and my rockets just randomly snapping in half and otherwise just disintegrating for literally no reason. But it got better, and turned into something of a cult classic.

4 minutes ago, NexusHelium said:

Wha...? why... how....

but it's so freaking good...

It's one of the things that gives KSP2 it's individual identity.

4 hours ago, Stewcooker said:

It does mean, that Dean Hall is a savvy studio owner/manager/whathaveyou and he wants some KSP2 devs to land at Rocketwerkz, and use their skills and talents to further his studio's project, NOT to revive or continue support on KSP 2. 

As a corollary. he thinks such devs are talented and competent. If he's right about, this raises some very serious questionings about some other things around here.

You shifted the targeting reticle to someone else, instead of removing it from the equation.

21 minutes ago, NexusHelium said:

With talk of class action, I'm going after a joke ;) 

Class action is the joke, I’ve spent $50 on far worse things. Not worth the time or effort 

The Seattle office of T2 is taken off the careers site. All careers listed on ig's website link to an eternal loading circle.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ryaja said:

The Seattle office of T2 is taken off the careers site. All careers listed on ig's website link to an eternal loading circle.

So IG is closed down. We all basically knew that. The future of KSP 2 and the future of the devs is what I care about. And also it's like super not.

Edited by NexusHelium

Just now, MechBFP said:

Well obviously, why would they hire anymore people for that location after downsizing?

I think the point of their comment was "look, another data-point that supports the community's deductions"

Because still no official word from on-high

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Flush Foot said:

I think the point of their comment was "look, another data-point that supports the community's deductions"

Because still no official word from on-high

But it doesn't. It is pretty self explanatory that they aren't going to hire more people for a location after firing a bunch of people from said location for downsizing reasons.

Edited by MechBFP

2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

But it doesn't. It is pretty self explanatory that they aren't going to hire more people for a location after firing a bunch of people from said location for downsizing reasons.

We still have not been told, explicitly/officially, that IG is the studio in Seattle that is being closed, hence my comment:

4 minutes ago, Flush Foot said:

If we do indeed assume on our own that IG is the studio that's gone (which is likely, but unconfirmed), then your comment(s) are perfectly logical. [why hire into a defunct studio?]

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Kinda defeats the whole purpose doesn't it lol.

Edited by NexusHelium

26 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

the frankly stupid 'click on this individual part' and in was the Part Manager

Part Manager??? The thing that takes half of the screen forcing you to search through many irrelevant parts that don't even have any meaningful info on them???

I agree with the rest, but... Part Manager???

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

I agree with the rest, but... Part Manager???

It has a lot of potential to be a great thing but the execution.... wasn't the best.

A little refinement and it's golden though.

Edited by NexusHelium

The Part Manager was some really bad UI design, something that was a major regression from the clickable pop-up windows from the first game. A perfect example of something they tried to improve on and failed miserably. It was almost certainly designed around being accessible using a game controller, ironic as KSP2 was never destined to make it to a console release.

Just now, Flush Foot said:

In the current environment, I also find that interesting, but we have been discouraged from viewing those steamdb entries as anything 'relevant' to us.

But it does mean that something is happening development-wise.

So maybe it can also be considered something.