The game failed because...

13 hours ago, Oak7603 said:

I bought KSP2 just because it was KSP2 and it looked like it would be good. I knew nothing about the developers, or the company. I don't follow that sort of stuff. If a game looks good and I have the money I'll give it a go.

I didn't understand how multiplayer would have worked, but I wasn't planning on playing it multiplayer so that didn't matter to me either.

This guy is the casual fan who Intercept Games screwed the hardest. Knew KSP, loved KSP, expected KSP2 to be good based on the name.

Didn't geek out so hard that they could learn the trouble the game was in before release. Blamelessly bought the game, even in EA, in good faith. And look where that got him, and all the others like him.

Shame on IG, shame on T2.

Posted (edited)

Game was killed because it wasn't a passion indie project like the first one was. It was a greedy, corporate money grab. An you fell for it. You paid for a full game too. And got no completed game.

I got a fine selection of bridges to sell you. PM me for details. Great deals, just for those who bought the game before it was completed.

If I sound like I'm loving it it's because I am. Sorry, I was mocked and called things just because I said you shouldn't buy a early access game. If you don't get a discount, then you are paying for something that doesn't exist. You got played by a multi billion dollar company. You will think of it as only $50. [Snip]

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

Posted (edited)

[Snip]

The problem was that when there were people who said that things were bad (the first lousy delivery of the product without ending up wrapped in the image of an early access), there was another who decided to look the other way and censored the criticism in a very bad way, behaving like members of a religious sect.

That caused a lot of damage in the community, the sect took over everything and celebrated everything they presented as an achievement, such as repeating KSP1 problems that had been solved a decade ago ( rocket spaghetti ->Have you ever evaluated the code before releasing it? Didn't anyone notice it?  ) , blocking critics who proved with evidence that things were very bad and tried to channel them to avoid a tragic end.

Because if someone is critical and bothers to say what's wrong, it's because they really want the product, they don't want it destroyed. 

But the sectarian does not listen to reason, to the point that he actively participates in the disaster by facilitating failures and concealment.

Then the critic has to become a passive observer, watching as everything falls apart, while the rest celebrate every bad decision by glorifying them. That is why, when things happen, the normal explosion is: 'I TOLD YOU SO!' 

Too bad, it would have been a good product, perhaps on the level of a Minecraft and Kerbal would be talked about for decades. Now everything has turned to dust, and even this forum will eventually disappear because it will be impossible to sustain it financially for a small group. 

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

18 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

"Unfortunately, I have by impacted by layoffs at Intercept Games. I am still working until late June to ensure all my work is left in good hands". 

That's the first ray of hope I've seen since this whole debacle dropped. I pray to the Kraken it is not a false one!

3 minutes ago, herbal space program said:

That's the first ray of hope I've seen since this whole debacle dropped. I pray to the Kraken it is not a false one!

That means you're going to get the next DLC pack with mediocre fixes and promises of future improvements at the modest price of $25 ? 

Posted (edited)

[Snip]

I'm not acting like it's the end of the world nor am i pretending the forum was 100% free of criticism; if you're this upset over the game itself then, well, I wish I didn't have that many thing in my life to worry about. KSP isn't the only space sim to ever exist and you'll get a new toy like it one day.

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

13 minutes ago, herbal space program said:

Don't hold your breath. It wasn't a developer who said it.

Posted (edited)

[Snip]

15 hours ago, J.Random said:

Don't hold your breath. It wasn't a developer who said it.

They get on any plane and they don't check if they have engines....

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

7 hours ago, Cryptobux said:

Didn't geek out so hard that they could learn the trouble the game was in before release. Blamelessly bought the game, even in EA, in good faith. And look where that got him, and all the others like him.

I was certainly not happy with the state of the game I bought for $50, but I still played it for almost 400 hours, and in my neck of the woods a single night at the movies for two will cost that much, so it's hard for me to to muster too much outrage over this disappointment. And the fact that I plunked down those $50 and (seemingly) got let down does not make me some kind of rube. The solution to the prisoner's dilemma is to always trust on the first move, then adjust your actions based on the outcome of that. Take Two now has two options with respect to me: They can just let the KSP2 franchise die in this sorry state, or they can hand it off to another developer group among the large number they have recently acquired that may be able to get the job done better. If they do the latter, then I'm still happy with my investment. If OTOH they do the former, I will not stomp and rage and threaten to sue, but they will surely never get another dime of my money as long as I live, and I am a person who thinks nothing of plunking down $50 to buy a decent entertainment experience.  IOW, they will have thrown away maybe 10 times the revenue they got from my KSP2  purchase by abusing my trust like that. Not a good long-term strategy for a game studio!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, herbal space program said:

I'm not holding my breath!  But it's still a ray of hope that TT may not intend to just tank the game completely.

It's worth considering that the developers themselves had no idea they'd been layed off initially, and they're much less likely to know what the managers intend.

Edited by Bej Kerman
Typo

Posted (edited)

[Snip]

The system that is available is used. Another little is in imagination and insight, like the one that allowed me to realize three years ago what the real goal of KSP2 was. 

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

Posted (edited)

[Snip]

I've gotta ask, because I'm curious. What were their 'real intentions'? Because the whole insane notion the game was some 'cash grab' is insane, as if it has indeed been cancelled (fingers crossed there is still a lifeline for KSP2), Take Two are going to be making a loss on it. That's not a very good plan if the plan was to mislead, and fleece people.

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I've gotta ask, because I'm curious. What were their 'real intentions'? Because the whole insane notion the game was some 'cash grab' is insane, as if it has indeed been cancelled (fingers crossed there is still a lifeline for KSP2), Take Two are going to be making a loss on it. That's not a very good plan if the plan was to mislead, and fleece people.

Right?

That is what I want to know. I agree with this.

To suggest a HUGE name in the industry is going to pour millions in developement with an grand plan to generate a fraction of that it returns?

I don't think they will break even, size of the team means a excrements load of licenses & salaries.. completenwith packages / severance.

Suggesting the goal all along was specifically to scame the consumernis completely asanine.

I do think the game entered EA before it was ready bc someone somewhere wanted to recoup some of the initial capital expenditures while testing market viability.

That's is a far cry from pyramid or ponzi

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I was collectively silenced by mobs of people exclaiming that KSP2 was superior without being able to dive into the merits supposedly in play

People disagreeing with you is a part of a discussion forum, not censorship. This place isn’t for people to use as their personal soapbox and expect everyone to just silently nod their heads at. 

Edited by MechBFP

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, MechBFP said:

People disagreeing with you is a part of a discussion forum, not censorship. This isn’t for people to use as their personal soapbox. 

I agree with you.

[Snip]

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

Posted (edited)

[Snip]

Nope, they've got no hope in hell of breaking even as we are discussing this right now. Like at this point, the only hope for KSP2 to make money is to dramatically speed up and streamline development.

That's why I don't get the whole concept of scrapping a half baked product before you've ever really seen how it can perform in the market.

To Take Two interactive it's either write the game off as a loss of *insert figure* or to continue to completion, which will cost *insert figure*. Looking at that I can't really make a case for the first. Completing it will undoubtedly cost more money, but a completed KSP2 is much, much more appealing than a half-baked, cancelled one. You could conceivably see a completed KSP2 shifting quite a few copies, especially if it's ported to the Xbox Series S/X and PlayStation 5. Owning an IP is utterly pointless if it's just going to gather dust.

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

To suggest a HUGE name in the industry is going to pour millions in developement with an grand plan to generate a fraction of that it returns?

I don't think they will break even, size of the team means a excrements load of licenses & salaries.. completenwith packages / severance.

Suggesting the goal all along was specifically to scam the consumer is completely asanine.

14 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

Nope, they've got no hope in hell of breaking even as we are discussing this right now. Like at this point, the only hope for KSP2 to make money is to dramatically speed up and streamline development.

That's why I don't get the whole concept of scrapping a half baked product before you've ever really seen how it can perform in the market.

Totally agree with this, and on top of that, just screwing the whole KSP fanbase would be horrendous brand stewardship for TT.  It will generate  a fairly large number of never-buy-one-of-your-kruffty-games-again dissatisfied customers, as well as a lot of negative publicity in the gaming press. You can say they're too big to care about us little guys, but eventually all those disaffected little guys will add up to a giant angry mob that will significantly harm revenue and scare investors away. They can't all be such short-sighted clods that they don't understand this. So I stand by my hope that they might still try to salvage the KSP2 title by handing it off to a new group that might have a better skillset to manage such a technically challenging project, and I don't think you have to be a total sucker to hold out such hope.

Edited by herbal space program

4 minutes ago, herbal space program said:

Totally agree with this, and on top of that, just screwing the whole KSP fanbase would be horrendous brand stewardship for TT.  It will generate  a fairly large number of never-buy-one-of-your-kruffty-games-again dissatisfied customers, as well as a lot of negative publicity in the gaming press. You can say they're too big to care about us little guys, but eventually all those disaffected little guys will add up to a giant angry mob that will significantly harm revenue and scare investors away. They can't all be such short-sighted clods that they don't understand this. So I stand by my hope that they might still try to salvage the KSP2 title by handing it off to a new group that might have a better skillset to manage such a technically challenging project, and I don't think you have to be a total sucker to hold out such hope.

The main issue there is, we're such a small group that I doubt Take Two care about the 'Horrendous brand stewardship' part of that. Kerbal Space Program just happens to be the only Take Two game I'm interested in to begin with.

Also, at this point if the game does somehow go on, I'd honestly just scratch 'Multiplayer' off the roadmap. It's genuinely the least appealing of the roadmap items that is going to be one of the biggest technical headaches with the most potential coding/implementation issues. Remove that and I think development time will come down a fairly significant amount. It's Colonies and Interstellar that would have made, or broken the fortunes of this game.

1 hour ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

The main issue there is, we're such a small group that I doubt Take Two care about the 'Horrendous brand stewardship' part of that. Kerbal Space Program just happens to be the only Take Two game I'm interested in to begin with.

If their shabby treatment of the KSP fanbase is a one-off, I have to agree. But does look to me like they've Hoovered up a fair number of such niche markets in the last few years, and if they treat all those the same way they appear to be treating us,  they may end up finding that they have shot themselves in the foot. Time will tell I guess.

Posted (edited)

[Snip]

Censorship is about having your Free of Speech suppressed. If your posts about a determined subject are systematically removed even by not breaking any rules/laws, then we have censorship.

Personal threatening, doxxing, et all are a whole new level of a problem, we are talking felonies here.

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.