What Have You Been Reading? (Listening)

I have returned to some of the older series. 

Just finished most of the books in the Spook Series by Joseph Delaney. 

It is where the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son VS the supernatural. Magic is much more mundane,  and not swords & sorcery style.

Just start the Honor Harrington Series again. 

I love stories, in all forms & curious what people are reading.. (for fun.)

I guess some peeps might be reading stuff like 'challenging hydrodynamics through unravelling the mysteries of superfluids' I myself am a more  'Hello Tree' kinda peep but still curious.

"Children of Time" by Adrian Tchaikovsky.

Space Sci Fi with a great twist at the end. Can be read as a stand alone but is the first in a trilogy.

2 hours ago, DDE said:

Typically much heavy than I engage with for pleasure. Though I did finish "Rhetoric" by Aristotle a few weeks ago.

I find myself drawn to fiction written by military historians, but have a difficult time with the actual history or military theory/ doctrine.

I've know a few army cooks and the blurb you wrote had me rolling. A family member was apparently decent enough in the kitchen that they were assigned to a colonel staff & pretty much said the same thing.

If the fighting got bad enough to warrant him taking up arms.. he and the colonel were already trying to leave.

I'm currently re-reading The Gap Cycle by Stephen R. Donaldson. When I'm done with that I'm going to move on to the Vickery and Castine series by Tim Powers, which my wife informs me is not earth-shattering, but worth reading.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.