LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

I don't know if this is a known issue or not, but if you load Kerbals into any of the new rovers in the SPH, you get a message that the doors are block when you try to get them out.

Just wanted to let you know.

Yeah, I couldn't get it to work properly, I mentioned it when I released it but that was a quite a few pages back.

@Mekanik,

Hmm, wasn't able to replicate it myself.

@SgtBlufor,

In the LLL shot you're putting it on a command module, as I said before, it won't work on those. Try it on a part like the 2x1 hull (and remember to right-click the hatch and activate it).

@Sapphire,

Couldn't replicate that one. The hud disappearing and null-ref is normally indicative of a missing IVA though,

Try deleting:

INTERNAL
{
name = crewCabinInternals
}

from the config.

Yeah, I couldn't get it to work properly, I mentioned it when I released it but that was a quite a few pages back.

@Mekanik,

Hmm, wasn't able to replicate it myself.

@SgtBlufor,

In the LLL shot you're putting it on a command module, as I said before, it won't work on those. Try it on a part like the 2x1 hull (and remember to right-click the hatch and activate it).

@Sapphire,

Couldn't replicate that one. The hud disappearing and null-ref is normally indicative of a missing IVA though,

Try deleting:

INTERNAL
{
name = crewCabinInternals
}

from the config.

Oh..... , I didn't know that LLL hull parts had crew capacity! Not intending to be offensive, but it might help if you listed crew capacity on the part details.

Also, what conifg file(s) do I edit to add other parts as compatible?

Oh..... , I didn't know that LLL hull parts had crew capacity! Not intending to be offensive, but it might help if you listed crew capacity on the part details.

Also, what conifg file(s) do I edit to add other parts as compatible?

Yes, probably should, really. I make this primarily for my own use, so I have a slight to forget that other people aren't psychic, haven't read through a 100 pages of thread and probably don't do what I do and immediately root through a mod's cfgs when they install it. Shame it doesn't come up automatically in the VAB, it's defined in the .cfg. It'll also come up if you right click a part with Vanguard installed.

Re: other parts, I assume you mean things like Squad's hitch-hiker container

That's at:

{KSP_root}/GameData/Squad/Command/crewCabin/part.cfg

Open it up in a plain-text editor (notepad'll do. Although I prefer Notepad++) and add

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKrCrewCompartment
}

to it. Actually, I wonder if it would work on the command pods; I seem to recall having issues with it before, but it's been a long time since I added the Vanguard stuff and I always have trouble remembering anything that happened before the last 6 months.

EDIT:

Okay, if you add it to a command pod and enter through a radial hatch, you'll have to vessel switch away and back to get the IVA portrait to pop up again in the corner. But that doesn't seem too much of an issue.

Edited by Lack

Nothing new at the moment, been a bit busy (this is first time I've been home in about 3 days, except to grab some fresh clothes, so currently running on coffee and polo mints). Only LLL from the past few weeks was some bug fixes for what SgtBlufor pointed out. I was playing around with the Real Solar System configs the other week, turned Eve into a kerbal version of Kepler-7b. Wish I had a bit more time to play with Krag's work as well, what NovaSil is doing looks cool and I'd like in, as it were.

9YORhpE.png

And I made this a few weeks ago, thought it looked cool.

fFO7NiS.png

Zu2J3oW.jpg

Also,

Have you tried turning the texture size down to half in the options, I find that works pretty well. Texture reduction mod is do-able but may take time, my version of photoshop gets pretty pissy over alpha-channels so they'd have to all be re-exported from Unity (although I can think of a way I might be able to do it all at once).

Edit: Actually, saying that. I did knock together a little pseudo LLL RCS block that's quite useful.

Here's the config, I put it in LLL/Parts/Structural/LLL2x1to2-5mNew/RCS.cfg

PART
{
name = LLLRCS1
module = Part
author = Lack
MODEL
{
model = LLL/Parts/Structural/LLL2x1to2-5mNew/Weight
scale = 0.255, 0.5, 0.405
rotation = 0, 90, 0
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/RCS block/model
rotation = 0 , 90 , -90
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/linearRCS/model
rotation = 0 , 90 , 0
position = 0 , 0.02 , 0
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0, -1, 0
TechRequired = fuelSystems
entryCost = 0
cost = 20
category = Control
subcategory = 0
title = LLL - RCS Block
manufacturer = Lack Luster Labs
description = What do you mean I just stuck some stock RCS parts away, I would never do that. Honest guv.
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
stackSymmetry = 1

mass = 0.05
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.001
minimum_drag = 0.001
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 15
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRCS
thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
thrusterPower = 1
resourceName = MonoPropellant
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 260
key = 1 100
}
}

}

Edited by Lack

As in preventing I mean crashes on startup, and the plugin I use is far more effective than half-res.

Ah. And yes, I know rbray's work, I helped out with the Eve and Jool textures for clouds and lights mod. There's a good reason AMRM is recommended and linked to in the LLL FAQ, it's because he's damn good at what he does.

How do I tell what version I have? Basically, when did the last update come out?

If you aren't sure, just delete the folders and latest new copy. As for when they were released.

10.7 was: 2013-12-02 18:34:26

and 10.6 was: 2013-10-23 14:45:02

and going all the way back to 0.09.9: 2013-05-28 14:15:41

F all idea what time-zone though (Mediafire tells you when they were uploaded).

Shirt, I'm looking on thread's title and waiting, while 10.7 is ready for download ))

Is there "4x2 to round"-adapter coming? I really like new nuclear engine ))

Edited by MaxP

@Taki, it's possible, although it ends up looking a bit silly.

@MaxP, should be possible to make that right now. Pretty sure there's a 4x2 to 2x2 adaptor in there, and then a 2x2 to 2.5m. If not then I have the configs for them.

@Deathsoul, yep. They certainly are.

@Neslon, What adFl.y?

Playing around with Real Solar System:

http://imgur.com/a/PGbtu

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Lack

Lack, I am loving this pack, and everything in it. I have one question however: Are we ever going to get LLL wings, 1x3, 2x3, 1x4, 3x4 hulls?(Just out of curiosity, I'm not trying to charge in here and tell you to make them, I'm just want to find out.) (Also, just so you know, in testing my save for building a base on duna, I noticed that the new rail landing legs (for the drop down bay) are actually slightly shorter than the bay when deployed. Also, when seats are placed on the new rover bodies (Which are freaking awesome, BTW) they tend to wobble around a bit when a kerbal gets in and the rover hits a bump or is under acceleration.)

Now to turn the Salvage Pod into a rover...

Lack, I am loving this pack, and everything in it. I have one question however: Are we ever going to get LLL wings, 1x3, 2x3, 1x4, 3x4 hulls?(Just out of curiosity, I'm not trying to charge in here and tell you to make them, I'm just want to find out.) (Also, just so you know, in testing my save for building a base on duna, I noticed that the new rail landing legs (for the drop down bay) are actually slightly shorter than the bay when deployed. Also, when seats are placed on the new rover bodies (Which are freaking awesome, BTW) they tend to wobble around a bit when a kerbal gets in and the rover hits a bump or is under acceleration.)

Now to turn the Salvage Pod into a rover...

No plans for anything like that, there's about 200 parts as it is. At least not for general release, but if I ever find the need for them I may end up doing something like that.

The legs are exactly the same length as the bay, the apparent difference is due to size of the collision mesh and how KSP/Unity handles it's collision with the ground (at least I think that's the reason, visually they're the same length anyway).

Try going to the external seat's config file and changing

breakingForce = 20
breakingTorque = 20

to something considerably higher, see if that works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.