UV Mapper wanted

I'm looking for someone that is really good at producing UV maps that aren't stretched or distorted. I've been trying to make my Pirate skins for parts and some are just too wonky to be able to get a decent Jolly Roger on them

If you're interested, let me know and I'll let you know which parts I need help with.

I've tried learning this myself but I'm just not able to do with with the tools I already know how to use and I am not really in the mood to learn another 3d modeling program. I want to be able to put all my time and effort into actually making the textures.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

I don't have the time or desire to learn a new 3d program. It took me long enough to learn SketchUp and that's why I use for my 3d architectural work. If there was a program that did nothing but UV mapping, I might consider using it, but for now I have no need or desire to learn a new 3d package. They tend to be quite complex and my learning style would take months to learn a new one. It's not that I haven't tried, I just can't seem to grasp the UI in other programs.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

For starters, I need a UV of C7 Studio's fuselage adapters, i.e. the parts that go from a 1m tube to the stealth body fuselage. It currently has a weird UV at the ends and the side are squished. As you can see in the picture, there are bands at the top and bottom that are generated by stretching the end texture which is making it hard to match up properly. It's also distorting the flag a bit.

rVKAw.png

Thanks for the help guys! I love to texture things, I just can't seem to grasp the apps and concepts needed to UV map.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

• 1 month later...

You should really learn 3DS Max, it might be complicated at first but it really pays off in terms of rewards and also ease of use once you get used to it. Also, if you get the textools plugin it makes UVing so easy its untrue.

Or, if you aren\'t a Student or have a spare 3 grand or so for Max then you could get Blender, as it is the best free program for UV mapping I\'ve seen. It also does some of the best automatic maps I\'ve seen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.