Is Jeb immortal?

Rage097

Leave them on the ground, put them in a station, or send them interplanetary, that's the only way to stop them turning up.

This is why I maintain containing them as soon as possible

So... He is a time lord?

Yep, Jeb is every Kerbalnaut, he just has infinite regenerations and he occasionally returns to his original body.

Jeb is and isn't real/alive simultaniously. He does and does not exist at the same time. The Universe cannot display such things without breaking reality so it simply keeps bringing him back.

Are you implying that the woman I know that frequently takes baths with dead Jeb is being less than honest? Well then, lets just hope for you that dead Jeb doesn't get upset and show up in your bath.

Possibly. Kerbal metaphysics may work different in different computers universes.:sticktongue:

Jeb, Bill, and Bob are dead in my save as far as I can tell. I didn’t edit my save at all (I wouldn’t even know what to edit) and they have not respawned for a mission in a long, long time. I have other Kerbals that have died repeatedly and exist in multiple places at the same time, but for whatever reason in my game, Jeb, Bill and Bob appear to be gone. Don’t know why this happened in my game and not others.

I had the same problem. In the persistent.sfs, search for their names to find their crew entries. For me, it showed state=1 and idx=-1. I believe the negative idx kept them form respawning. I think I reset the state to zero, and the idx too and had them back. Make a backup before trying, though.

Jeb is a time traveler. think about it. The first time you kill him, Jeb from the future comes and rescues him and returns to the future. Future Jeb repeats this until he has stockpiled several hundereds of Jebs. Meanwhile, you are just about to launch your rocket to another planet/moon. Future Jeb comes, throws out a crew member and replaces him with one of the stockpiled Jebs.

I may be overthinking this.

Jeb is a time traveler. think about it. The first time you kill him, Jeb from the future comes and rescues him and returns to the future. Future Jeb repeats this until he has stockpiled several hundereds of Jebs. Meanwhile, you are just about to launch your rocket to another planet/moon. Future Jeb comes, throws out a crew member and replaces him with one of the stockpiled Jebs.

I may be overthinking this.

Where does the future Jeb stockpile the other Jebs?

I have yet again sacrificed Jeb to the sun to stop his unholy torment of my space program. IT ISN'T WORKING. MOAR SACRIFICES!

All you need to do is send him on a escape trajectory from Kerbols SOI or just send him on a EVA mission into deep space. He will never return to torment you again. :)

All you need to do is send him on a escape trajectory from Kerbols SOI or just send him on a EVA mission into deep space. He will never return to torment you again. :)

Jeb duplicates, as do all Kerbals, when the name is randomly selected again. Sacrifice him all you want or send him trillions of kilometres away, but he's going to keep coming back :P

I dunno, never seen the second Jeb yet after he drifted away from Kerbin orbit and disappeared... But 5 yrs later, Jebski appeared on my crew list and he's just like the Jeb! and volunteered to be left in the Duna.

"Jebediah Kerman"

"We Kan rebuild him"

"He will be braver, dumber, and more badass than before"

"He is..."

"the Kosmonaut"

So when the seats are released, Jeb will attach a seat to a SRB and turn on infinite fuel then? Would he do stunts with it like flying under a Munar Arch or through a Mohole?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.