Issue with rovers and their chairs.

So I've been experimenting with rovers to get a cute little derpy one, and I finally made it. but Ive got the issue of that a kerbal does not spawn in with it, as its an unmanned pod with a chair ontop of it for the base, as any other pods are waaay too big for what I'm doing. There's no way for me to dock it/attach it to any pod either because there are no flat surfaces on it, and I really need to know how to spawn a kerbal in with it. Help please? :huh:

Also, I see a lot of people in rover threads say they "strap the rover to the side of their lander" how exactly do you do that? decouplers?

Well, you're probably not going to just use your rover around KSC, so you're also going to need a lander for wherever you're going with it. The Kerbal can then get out of the lander and start using the rover.

To attach your rover to the side, there are a few ways. I would recommend putting the smallest docking ports on your lander and rover and attach them like that. If you used decouplers, the decoupling force would make the rover hit the ground pretty hard and probably break something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.