Component Space Shuttle (CSS) v0.2.1

rocket2guns

The thing about the real shuttle is, it doesn\'t glide, it falls like a brick (maximum glide ratio 3:1). Selecting the shuttle final approach situation in X-plane is damn terrifying. The shuttle isn\'t a plane or space plane, it\'s an oversized space capsule with some small wings to arrest its descent before it splats.

In other words, quite Kerbal, and should be left with poor flight characteristics.

Have you used this pack? There is NO control whatsoever ever. I\'ve tuned to wings to have little lift as per the orbiter but quite high drag (which ripped them off so messed around with strength ect) And giving the body high lift and low mass. Quite fitting with the real shuttle in that it\'s a lifting body. Before this it would either nose dive or flip over and striking a ballance was hard. The wings are really only there to pull the shuttle out of its last 5000ft drop as you say. And give it the 1500mile cross range the DOD required of it. I did systems and aeronautics systems integrations as part of my degree that used the shuttle as its case study. Check an apple based store for the lectures we had headed by prof Jeff Hoffman they were interesting and i got to meet some old school engineers. Anyway engineering is my thing not coding but would love to see someone give it ago remaking this pack, ideally rocket2guns. Not tried x-planes in 6 months or more & not sure if I had the shuttle as i think its an addon for the ipad version i have. I do have f-sim on iPad which is really good though.

Guest Flixxbeatz

If only that I have modelling skills I could have continued it :\'(

(too bad I only have cfg skills)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...