What's your favourite "old" game?

joppiesaus

One of my favorite games as well. Me and my wife spent days on it, modelling all the plushies of the house : D

---

Funny coincidence, your signature brought back memories of this burger-ship we built in Spore.

304058Sporeflyingburger01.jpg225512Sporeflyingburger02.jpg

Edited by Plume & Akakak

Mechwarror 2: Mercenaries. God, I wish someone decent makes a remake of it!

That's a great idea! Mercs had some weird bugs and quirks, and the graphics could be improved... Adding some more content as well would be nice. Oh! And dynamic salvage!

I enjoyed Mechwarrior 2:Mercenaries. A remake of it as well as the original Mechwarrior 2 would be appreciated.

Zero Wing! All your base are belong to us!

Now seriously: I've never really stopped playing Worms II. Still remains a great party game. Unfortunately, it doesn't work too well on my PC anymore. Also, Age of Empires II.

That's a great idea! Mercs had some weird bugs and quirks, and the graphics could be improved... Adding some more content as well would be nice. Oh! And dynamic salvage!

I enjoyed Mechwarrior 2:Mercenaries. A remake of it as well as the original Mechwarrior 2 would be appreciated.

But Bill, there is Mechwarrior Online. Being an old table-top-Battletech and Mechwarrior-RPG player, I used to play it a lot 2 years ago, and had a lot of fun with it.

Don't know what it's like now though.

I never did work out if I was doing salvage right. Working my butt off to snipe only cockpits, and I still lose the Mech. :P

The old Lucasarts Podracing game. It's one year younger than I am, has mediocre graphics and is quite buggy, but it was one of the first games I ever played. Actually I played it again just a month ago, after my computer broke down (again).

Ep1RacerFlamethrower.jpg(wikipedia)

Probably a bit boring of me to list this, but Half-Life 2 and it's subsequent episodes are definitely some of the best games I have ever played. I generally dislike linear games like It, but HL2 is fantastic.

Other games from that time period that I still like to play are Star wars Battlefront 2, Rome and Medieval total war, Company of Heroes, and Day of Defeat Source.

It may or may not count, but I've been really enjoying Homeworld remastered lately. I'm putting it here as it is a remake of the original games; and I have also tried the both of the original versions that come with it.

I also played Theme Hospital a lot when I was younger.

Edited by SergeantBlueforce

But Bill, there is Mechwarrior Online. Being an old table-top-Battletech and Mechwarrior-RPG player, I used to play it a lot 2 years ago, and had a lot of fun with it.

Don't know what it's like now though.

It plays very strangely. It feels more like an arcade than a "simulator". It also runs terribly for me...

I don't like it. Using the mouse to torso turn? That severely hampers my play style.

But Bill, there is Mechwarrior Online.
It plays very strangely. It feels more like an arcade than a "simulator". It also runs terribly for me...

I don't like it. Using the mouse to torso turn? That severely hampers my play style.

Yes, it's quite a resource demanding game. At the end, it ran at 10-15 fps here... and sometimes below.

Again, I don't know what it's like now. I remember that 2 years ago, there was a huge fuss about the possible addition of 3rd-person point-of-view. People were worried, it could indeed have been used to spot mechs powered down and hiding behind buildings, for example. I don't know if that feature was eventually implemented.

I liked the game, it had that table-top Battletech feel, and I don't think it was that much of an arcade game. Most of the characteristics of a battlemech were there, and teamwork really proved to be efficient, more than in many multiplayer FPS games. Some people were actually complaining, saying it was too much of a simulator.

Of course there were dark days, like when the 'Highlander' mech was added, and the battlefields got filled with jump-jets assault mechs, sniping you to the face with three PPCs and a Gauss rifle. Fortunately they quickly made the jump-jets less stable, and heat management more restrictive (which caused other fusses... the joys of videogames forums) : )

Startopia

wut WUT WUT %*!@°#%<+ù this steam availability country limitation ... i want to play this game again ... *grumpf*

this one also ; )

Dungeon Keeper

Two excellent games ! [pong] Definitely not the first ones I played [/pong]' date=' but I've regularly played them again.

I love [i']Startopia. We have two physical copies of it, so that me and my wife can have multiplayer fun. : )

And it has such a positive, good-spirited soundtrack.

Edited by Plume & Akakak

sadly i have lost in time a few physical original game i realy like and already enjoyed to replay many time.

startopia is one of thoose the other is homeworld: cataclysm ... and once again the remastered version do not include cataclsym xDr and a few others xDr ; )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
kk will check that Awaras ; )

To be fair, the game I have probably logged the most time into is this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Good lord that image is huge...

Oh yeah, forget to mention. I have logged a total of 8227 hours into this. I am not joking. I don't have it on here, but my old computer still has the stats listed.

Edited by Xannari Ferrows

There's more dust over here!

Swashbuckling around the Caribbean was so much fun.

A game my friends and I could enjoy playing together.

Listen to that Sid 6582 chip tune. Those are awesome nibble wide ADC samples played through the SID's DAC.

There was also a single bit ADC available on the cassette drive tha was good enough for percussion samples.

I was very interested in ADC and even went to Radio Shack to purchase the chip (it was a full byte ADC but the C-64 only used a nibble) and built my own PCB (basic 555 timer and an op-amp input buffer) to interface with the C-64.

The assembly code during sampling read values that my circuit provided and combined the two nibbles and packed it into a single byte. The playback was even easier and just split the byte into nibbles and passed it to the SID chip's volume register.

The border (poke 53281,x0) and background (poke 53280,x) colour was changed to the sample value and gave that raster line changing colours look.

Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

Sixty Hertz hum is bad. M'kay.

Salvage for profit.

The emulator is slow. Play this at 1.25 speed.

Another game my friends and I could enjoy playing together. They became angry and frustrated when losing their outfitted M.U.L.E.s because they did not click inside their plot of land. Just poor hand eye co-ordination.

This favorite has been remade and now available for free.

I just discovered that the game will be revised and possibly released Soontm.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

Slaloming a pinnace between cannonballs...

I love this one. It's also on my list. I had fun replaying it a few months ago. More difficult than many point & clicks from the 90s.

It's online here.

Now that's strange. I played many LucasFilm games from that era (Rescue on Fractalus, Ballblazer, The Eidolon), but never tried Koronis Rift. No idea why. That picture of a robot we could see in every video game magazine was quite appealing.

Rescue on Fractalus,

That came after Koronis Rift and utilized the same engine.

Two other games I can remember but not their names.

Lucasfilms game that was based in the old west. Doc was drunk and you played the sheriff. it was text based adventure with some action.

Gunsmoke, Gunslinger, Gunfighter just not hitting the right name.

The second title was some spider like ship that was crawling in a radiation zone. It was a top down scroller and had to collect parts, jump the ship to avoid obstacles and de-rad.

Two other games I can remember but not their names.

Lucasfilms game that was based in the old west. Doc was drunk and you played the sheriff. it was text based adventure with some action.

Gunsmoke, Gunslinger, Gunfighter just not hitting the right name.

The second title was some spider like ship that was crawling in a radiation zone. It was a top down scroller and had to collect parts, jump the ship to avoid obstacles and de-rad.

Don't know for the first. The only LucasArts game with a Wild West setting I (very vaguely) know of is Outlaws, but it's a first person shooter from the 90s.

Could the second one be Amaurote ? I played the isometric version but it was top-down on

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.