What's your favourite "old" game?

joppiesaus

Doom2

- - - Updated - - -

That was just to test. But Doom2 was the first game I bought for PC, as I bought it with my first PC ever in late 1993. Before that it was an Apple and a Timex Sinclair 1000 :D

On that Apple I had the original Elite which is still one of my favorites ever, as well.

Can I also say Adventure on ATARI? That was a great. Still fun today if you can find the ports and clones that have been cobbled together over the years. I have particularly fond memories of Indenture.

Doom. Nothing more relaxing than an Ultra-violence run of Episode 3. :D
character limit is 5 now, so I could say my favourite old game is DOOM! :D
Doom2

If you still have a copy, give this a try, you won't regret it :cool:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

plus this will make it even better

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/ultimate-doom-i-and-ii-metal-rededited

I love so many older games that I really couldn't choose a favourite. The one I happen to be playing at the moment, though:

odlx08E.png

I wanted to push my 550Ti to the limit. Look at all those pixels! So many pixels!

The game is The Longest Journey, incase you don't recognise it. Fantastic point & click that I never got around to completing, since I was about 7 when I played it :P

Emperor of the Fading Suns. (EFS) The game is 20 years old at this point, but I still break it out on occasion. Hex-based strategy game on a galactic scale. Fallen humanity rising from the ashes. Tech that can be learned and lost and learned again. Aliens, priests, nobles and merchants, all trying to get the advantage. Nowhere near as much fun single player as it was in Play-By-Email. It was the off-board, out-of-game political posturing that made the game great. And the soundtrack.

Guess I'll add Darklands and the original X-Com to my list as runners up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.