[0.23] Targetron - Target or command vessel from a list of active flights!

Jarcikon

Mine works just fine, with toolbar and all.

Huh, strange. Mine has everything shifted over. That is, you have to select "probes" to see "ships" (if I'm remembering the shift right, that might not be exact). And the icons are all wrong. Worked great until I patched yesterday. I guess I can try reinstalling it.

Hi there, first thanks for this plugin Jarcikon, make my life easy :D. For those can't wait for an update I make a patch to make it show asteroids. Here's the changes I made, just 3 lines changed:

Targetron.cs | 5 +++--
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Targetron.cs b/Targetron.cs
index b66b6cc..ff03f97 100644
--- a/Targetron.cs
+++ b/Targetron.cs
@@ -46,8 +46,8 @@ public class Targetron : MonoBehaviour
private static Texture2D buttonDistDesc = new Texture2D(16, 16);

//Filters
- private static List<Filter> filters = new List<Filter>(9);
- private static List<VesselType> vesselTypes= new List<VesselType>(9);
+ private static List<Filter> filters = new List<Filter>(10);
+ private static List<VesselType> vesselTypes= new List<VesselType>(10);

//GUI Styles
private static Texture2D contextBGN = new Texture2D(1, 1);
@@ -133,6 +133,7 @@ public void Awake()
filters.Add(new Filter(new WWW("file://" + root + "GameData/Targetron/Icons/station.png"), VesselType.Station, true));
filters.Add(new Filter(new WWW("file://" + root + "GameData/Targetron/Icons/lander.png"), VesselType.Lander, true));
filters.Add(new Filter(new WWW("file://" + root + "GameData/Targetron/Icons/ship.png"), VesselType.Ship, true));
+ filters.Add(new Filter(new WWW("file://" + root + "GameData/Targetron/Icons/asteroid.png"), VesselType.SpaceObject, true));
}

//Create a separate List of vessel types that are being filtered. This ensures the Debris/Other catches any undefined vessel types.

Apply the patch to 1.3.4 sources and recompile. Then search for a fancy icon you like, resize it to 20x20, convert to png and name it asteroid.png. Copy the result to GameData/Targetron/Icons/

For the lazy...:wink: the compiled dll and a gnu icon I found, just copy over the 1.3.4 targetron directory: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/210030302/Targetron-astertempfix.zip

Huh, strange. Mine has everything shifted over. That is, you have to select "probes" to see "ships" (if I'm remembering the shift right, that might not be exact). And the icons are all wrong. Worked great until I patched yesterday. I guess I can try reinstalling it.

Here's what I'm seeing. The labels are correct, but the icons are all wrong. What I'm displaying in the screenshot is the list of probes, but they all (and the button) are using the rover icon. The stations icon is on the ships, the ship icon is on the landers, etc. All mixed up.

targetron.jpg

Edited by NecroBones

Here's what I'm seeing. The labels are correct, but the icons are all wrong. What I'm displaying in the screenshot is the list of probes, but they all (and the button) are using the rover icon. The stations icon is on the ships, the ship icon is on the landers, etc. All mixed up.

http://necrobones.com/photos/screenshots/KSP/targetron.jpg

I freshly reinstalled the mod. The problems only started after patching to 0.23.5. Most of the other mods installed have been updated or removed. It's still goofed up. Am I really the only one seeing this problem?

Spoke too soon I guess, All my icons are shifted and I think one or two have swapped positions.

4e601598-d178-4f9f-b094-8bc5dba48b95_zps709ab768.png

Don't know why my pointer is not in the shot I'm touching the flag icon and it tells me EVA's

Edited by Woodstar

Hi there, first thanks for this plugin Jarcikon, make my life easy :D. For those can't wait for an update I make a patch to make it show asteroids. Here's the changes I made, just 3 lines changed:

For the lazy...:wink: the compiled dll and a gnu icon I found, just copy over the 1.3.4 targetron directory: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/210030302/Targetron-astertempfix.zip

Thank you for the effort, but it seems there are some problems with this build - only the SpaceObjects icon shows, the others now being little question marks; and it no longer has toolbar support.

Thank you for the effort, but it seems there are some problems with this build - only the SpaceObjects icon shows, the others now being little question marks; and it no longer has toolbar support.

You actually need the vanilla 1.3.4 plugin then overwrite targetron directory with mine and should work. It must ask you for overwrite the dll.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks,

since there isn't much movement here, I decided to prepare a new release on my own.

Here's a download for Targetron 1.4.0.

Source (github)

Changelog:

2014-04-21 (1.4.0) Jinks
* Disable GUIStyle for now (It messes up other GUIs), so you get the default Unity GUI
The GUI code could really use some love, but it's beyond me so far
* Update the ToolbarWrapper to blizzy's recent version

2014-04-03 (1.3.5) agises
* Incorporate Asteroids into the target list

Screenshot:

BaoGsut.png

As you can see, I included agises' asteroid fix and added a few of my own.

I could not reproduce the wrong ordering of the buttons, they worked just fine for me. (I reordered them anyway to match stock KSP's button order.)

The original GUI was messing with other windows' properties so I disabled the skin. The GUI code is in need of some serious love but that may take some time.

@agises: You seem to be reasonably proficient with writing GUIs, mind taking a look? :)

I'm tempted to start my own thread (Targetron Redux or something). What do you people think?

Hey folks,

since there isn't much movement here, I decided to prepare a new release on my own.

Here's a download for Targetron 1.4.0.

Source (github)

Changelog:

2014-04-21 (1.4.0) Jinks
* Disable GUIStyle for now (It messes up other GUIs), so you get the default Unity GUI
The GUI code could really use some love, but it's beyond me so far
* Update the ToolbarWrapper to blizzy's recent version

2014-04-03 (1.3.5) agises
* Incorporate Asteroids into the target list

Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/BaoGsut.png

As you can see, I included agises' asteroid fix and added a few of my own.

I could not reproduce the wrong ordering of the buttons, they worked just fine for me. (I reordered them anyway to match stock KSP's button order.)

The original GUI was messing with other windows' properties so I disabled the skin. The GUI code is in need of some serious love but that may take some time.

@agises: You seem to be reasonably proficient with writing GUIs, mind taking a look? :)

I'm tempted to start my own thread (Targetron Redux or something). What do you people think?

So it's targetron orphaned? You try to contact Jarcikon? Regardless, I can try to give some love to the GUI, but definitely I'm not proficient at all :sticktongue:. I'll check it out when I have some spare time.

Salud.

So it's targetron orphaned? You try to contact Jarcikon?

I shot him a PM quite a while ago, but according to his profile he hasn't been active since January.

Regardless, I can try to give some love to the GUI, but definitely I'm not proficient at all :sticktongue:. I'll check it out when I have some spare time.

Your own mods paint a different picture, quite nice GUIs all around. :sticktongue:

The main problem is apparently that targetron uses a lot of GUI.Something() instead of GUILayout.Something() which I assume hints at it mucking around in the global GUI layer instead of only in it's own window.

But I really have no clue how unity handles those things. I come from Java, where it's less pixel-counting and more fluid layouts with horizontal/vertical packers, etc.

The main problem is apparently that targetron uses a lot of GUI.Something() instead of GUILayout.Something() which I assume hints at it mucking around in the global GUI layer instead of only in it's own window.

But I really have no clue how unity handles those things. I come from Java, where it's less pixel-counting and more fluid layouts with horizontal/vertical packers, etc.

I was fiddling with the gui skins and styles in the notes plugin. Now I have a general idea of how they work (almost lol), so I guess I can fix it. I'll try to look at it soon.

Salud.

Hiya folks!

agises has given the code a thorough workover and so I get to release an all-new shiny Targetron 1.4.1 :D

He has cleaned up the GUI code a lot and fixed a few bugs in the process.

Switching ships via right-click context menu now works again and we get the old skin back without it interfering with other mods.

So, a big Thank you! to you, agises, and everyone else enjoy the new version. :)

Download: Targetron 1.4.1.

Source (github)

Changelog:

2014-04-24 (1.4.1) agises
* fix gui skin issue
* code cleanup

A question for all of you: I'm now a little torn between the two GUI options. I'm not sure what I like better visually, so voice your opinion.

Hiya folks!

agises has given the code a thorough workover and so I get to release an all-new shiny Targetron 1.4.1 :D

He has cleaned up the GUI code a lot and fixed a few bugs in the process.

Switching ships via right-click context menu now works again and we get the old skin back without it interfering with other mods.

So, a big Thank you! to you, agises, and everyone else enjoy the new version. :)

Download: Targetron 1.4.1.

Source (github)

Changelog:

2014-04-24 (1.4.1) agises
* fix gui skin issue
* code cleanup

A question for all of you: I'm now a little torn between the two GUI options. I'm not sure what I like better visually, so voice your opinion.

Is this an official patch? (i ask because i haven't followed this mod, so I don't know if you are the new maintainer)

Targetron 1.4.1.

Thanks for the update, jinks! Found an issue though. It doesn't save neither the vehicle filter setting, nor the on/off state of the window when switching between vessels. I like to have Targetron off by default and switch it on via the toolbar when I need it.

Is this an official patch? (i ask because i haven't followed this mod, so I don't know if you are the new maintainer)

Define official. :) The original author hasn't been seen since January, so agises and I made some modifications to keep this thing alive and released them. When/if Jarcikon comes back we'll see what happens, otherwise I'll probably just continue keeping my fork in (mostly) working order.

Thanks for the update, jinks! Found an issue though. It doesn't save neither the vehicle filter setting, nor the on/off state of the window when switching between vessels. I like to have Targetron off by default and switch it on via the toolbar when I need it.

Targetron opening itself upon vessel load has been like that for quite a while. Maybe I'll look into it at some point but no promises, I'm just the janitor. :D

The filter list persists fine for me, though.

Hey, the previous versions cannot select FASA/DennyTX's apollo docking device & LEM docking cone, are they handled in the latest version?

Probably not, there have been no changes to that part of the code.

Thank Flying Spaghetti monster for the this mod !

Spent over a week building a multi module interplanetary ship in orbit and just after I undocked the crew shuttle from it and saved was unable to get back to controlling it from the KSP station selection thingy.

Spotted this mod a day ago so came back and installed it and it got me back to my ship no problem

Thanks for saving my life :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.