This game is ruining my life!

cpottinger

KSP is WAY TOO MUCH FUN.

Guys, you have to turn it down an notch.

I don't sleep, I woke up at 3:00 AM yesterday and played. I've run out of memory, so now I'm hiding money from my wife so I can buy a more powerful system. My wife thinks I've forgotten about her. I've been designing standardized system as carriers and payloads. I'm planning my expandable space station and dreaming of setting up orbital spaceports around Mun and the other bodies. I have started spelling my name with a K.

And Squad is blame.

Firsy thing I do when I get in is fire up the pc and load ksp, wash dishes and then launch to the skies. Its the ideas for crafts and missions that I get all the time.

Can

Not

Stop

Enjoy it, its ace.

Edited by Monkeh

KSP is WAY TOO MUCH FUN.

Guys, you have to turn it down an notch.

I don't sleep, I woke up at 3:00 AM yesterday and played. I've run out of memory, so now I'm hiding money from my wife so I can buy a more powerful system. My wife thinks I've forgotten about her. I've been designing standardized system as carriers and payloads. I'm planning my expandable space station and dreaming of setting up orbital spaceports around Mun and the other bodies. I have started spelling my name with a K.

And Squad is blame.

What is this 'sleep' of which you speak? I've not heard of this thing....

Don't worry, I'm in the process of developing patches to help curb the addiction. They're actually several micropatches incorporated into one big patch, with each micropatch lasting approx. 1 hour.

....You have to manually decouple each micropatch for the next stage to work.

Welcome to the forums, cpottinger!

I hadn't really thought about it before now, but yeah, KSP's major weakness is how addicting it is!

[

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkpbqsobis1qem5jgo1_500.gif

How inspiring! The only curse the game has is its unstoppable attractiveness to all who play it!

Edited by sal_vager
Reaction Gif, tut tut tut!

With a family, you really need to make sure you maintain a good balance of play time and family time. For me personally, most of my time playing comes when she is sleeping, or out running around doing things. Keep in mind, that while KSP will always be there, your family may not be.

It is ridiculously addicting though, I'll definitely give you that.

Yeah, my wife hates this game. Although she admits it's better than a lot of the other things I could be addicted to.

My kids love it, they'll actually ask me to play so they can watch. I let them press the spacebar to launch rockets, or drive (crash) the rovers for a while.

its worn off a bit for me, but about a week after I started playing I found out who Scott Manley is. Needless to say I was up til 3-4 am for about 4 nights straight and at work at 8am telling people why I was so tired lol.

Lol i bought the game 4 days ago, but firstly i was playing demo for about the week and twice that time watching Scott Manley and HOCgaming as they play, and in final, every day from the day i bought the game I play to about 3-4 am. And at morning nobady wants to trust me that I've built and tested rockets all night.

So, yeah, KSP is really addictive.

[conspiracy theorist mode on]

This game was made by the government so that the player will play and won't be interested in politics.

They can now do whatever they want and still get the votes

[conspiracy theorist mode off]

xd. Sorry buddy but the republican's all ready have a brainwashing machine for their base, and that's Fox News. :P

On the subject of the game being addicting I agree it is. I'm currently waiting for a Moho window to come available in 3 and a half days...... Of course I only have ship's around Kerban and some other planet's atm so I can't do anything above 50x time acceleration or something annoying like that..... Gurr.

I have a crew of 3 in LKO waiting for a Duna transfer. They have been up there for 2 years now. Meanwhile I have colonized the mün and Minmus as well as a Kethane mining colony on the Mün. Once the crew makes it to Duna we can begin colonization there. NEED MORE TIME!!!!!