[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Just to be sure, the license on this mod allows one to redo/change a model for private use right ?

Been looking for a 3,75m and 5m nuclear engine, however haven't found one yet, so thought one could be created through the use of an existing model. But was thinking, that it might be wise to ask, before doing anything.

Just to be sure, the license on this mod allows one to redo/change a model for private use right ?

Been looking for a 3,75m and 5m nuclear engine, however haven't found one yet, so thought one could be created through the use of an existing model. But was thinking, that it might be wise to ask, before doing anything.

For private use you could colour it pink for all I care, it's re-releasing content where you need to just throw me a pm or something.

Kyle: Then you, um, might want to change the license. Since according to its terms it *is* ok to make derivative works (or redistribute unchanged) so long as attribution is given and redistribution/derivates of those works fall under the same terms.

Private use is fun. You can pretty much do whatever the hell you want with anything, as long as you don't redistribute what comes of it. Unless you're in a backwards country that has made the very act of breaking copy protection illegal (some may even go so far as to make it a criminal, not civil, offence). In that case, doing something as innocuous as decompiling code to understand how to hook into it, e.g. KSP, would be illegal. ... Yes, I'm referring to my home country, Canada, which has done just that (the pricks; I didn't vote for these guys).

Kyle: Then you, um, might want to change the license. Since according to its terms it *is* ok to make derivative works (or redistribute unchanged) so long as attribution is given and redistribution/derivates of those works fall under the same terms.

I probably should have worded what I said a bit less stern, I was just really referring to the unsung rule of giving the original creator a heads-up. As long as credit is given where credit is due it's all good.

Hey, just wanted to say that for me both download links are broken. The KSPort link archive is corrupted and the Mega Link never loads. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

KSPort was fine for me, and MEGA seems to be down at the moment.

I'll dump another alternate on media fire.

Which has just uploaded:

http://www./download/hxt2kfpctmcmt56/KW_Release_Package_v2.5.6B.zip

I added it to the OP as well, just in case anyone else ever runs into that problem.

Edited by Kickasskyle

Honestly, I can name at least 5 different mods with nuclear engines off the top of my head, without even trying too hard. Some of them are even stand-alone. I don't think there's much of a pressing need for KW Rocketry to go there.

Honestly, I can name at least 5 different mods with nuclear engines off the top of my head, without even trying too hard. Some of them are even stand-alone. I don't think there's much of a pressing need for KW Rocketry to go there.

Actually, there is no mods with 3.75m or 5m nukes. Aside from that - 5m size is perfectly covered by NP (it has four 5m engines with the last test update - ranging from 4Mn to 10Mn, N1, Saturn V and SLS styles), and there is already enough command pods (NP Freyja, Taurus, Lack's latest SXT...) to satisfy anyone's needs.

BTW, big nukes - I need to report this problem to Tiberion right away! Let's leave KW out of nuke business, shall we?

Great mod, et cetera, et cetera. (No, seriously, I love this mod.)

It strikes me that the Thor SRBs are a little overpowered. It's quite easy to make a single stage to solar escape with them (mine was 3 surrounding a structural fuselage with an OKTO2 on top, with a bunch of strutting.) I had RealFuels installed when testing it, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mess with the Thors.

Is this ... meant to be?

Just expressing a concern.

I believe the expression is 'duh..'.

The Thor SRBs are not meant to push just one structural fuselage and the lightest probe core into orbit, they meant to help push a stack of 3.75m nuclear reactors from Interstellar or a whole other rocket into orbit. If your payload's as light as that, of course the most powerful SRBs are going to make it go far.

Do the same with the stock BACCs. You'll likely get into Kerbin escape with them at least - would you call them OP? It's possible to get an SSTO with an orange tank, Skipper and OKTO probe too - are Skippers OP? No, because they're all not to be used for lighter payloads.

Oh god.

RT-10s are better than BACCs at getting a Kerbin escape.

Anyways, I guess my main concern is that the Thors on their own (which is what minimal-mass payload was meant to simulate) are significantly better than any other solid booster on their own. Though, looking at the dV stats, the others top at about 5 km/s and the Thors top at about 6.

Derp. Nvmd.

Now to figure out where my babbu FOWDS and RT-5s are.

Edited by Whovian

Random thought with the pack.... is there an easy way to split off the fairing system from the rest of the pack?

I really like the way KW does fairings, as the procedural fairings just feel cheaty to me - but don't want the rest of the parts as the vanilla ones generally work well enough.

Actually, there is no mods with 3.75m or 5m nukes.

Kommitz is filling the 3.75m hole at least, with a quad LV-N to join his already existing stockalike 2.5m twin LV-N. He's also making an outright insane 2.5m NERVA II replica that's taller than an orange tank. You need to see it to believe it :)

Random thought with the pack.... is there an easy way to split off the fairing system from the rest of the pack?

I really like the way KW does fairings, as the procedural fairings just feel cheaty to me - but don't want the rest of the parts as the vanilla ones generally work well enough.

You can easily do that by going into the KW Rocketry folder and deleting every part that is not involved with the fairing system.

You can easily do that by going into the KW Rocketry folder and deleting every part that is not involved with the fairing system.

It would be helpful if the parts were a bit more modular, so I have a better idea of what should and shouldn't be included.

For example, have a folder for the fuel tanks, one for the engines, another for the fairings, one for the boosters, and a final one for everything else.

Is there any way for me to take the emissives for the Thor SRB and put it on another, non KW SRB? I'm building an Ares I with Advanced SRBs and would love to have those effects!

Is there any way for me to take the emissives for the Thor SRB and put it on another, non KW SRB? I'm building an Ares I with Advanced SRBs and would love to have those effects!

There isn't.

It uses an emissive map, which is based on the texture and therefore the UV mapping of that specific model.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25023-Emissive-tutorial

With "Emmissives", do you mean exhaust? They're two wildly different things.

For some reason, when using the 3.5m docking port, the port sometimes switches to be smaller than it should be. I have no idea whats causing it, but it appears to either do it either when time accelerating or switching crafts. Is there a method of fixing it?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3278930422917226927/BB1313E0A68E1AB1E69249D34C5559E4DB7C059F/

It appears to only happen when I am controlling the port itself, which is apperent in the picture (the docking port under it is fine, but not the root docking port)