Maneuver Nodes to Calculate Gravity assist

Hey guys I had a suggestion for the game that might be very helpful. I saw on the internet the other days that Juno got a gravity assist from earth to get to Jupiter so I found out that, that is the most efficient way to reach other planets but when I tried it in KSP, I found out that the maneuver node only shows a max of three gravity encounters (where it changes color yellow,purple,green) so if I wanted a gravity assist from eve to get to duna all I would see is the escape from kerbin (yellow), kerbol orbit (purple) and then the eve encounter (green) but I can't see anymore, so I won't know if Eve will give me a gravity assist to Duna or not.

Also was wondering if there is somewhere a calculator like this one but that it can show multiple angles to be able to use the gravity assist method.

An easy fix for this is to open your settings.cfg (located in your ksp directory). Find CONIC_PATCH_LIMIT and change it to a higher number. I typically use 5 or 6. this will show more future SOI changes

Ok thanks and by any chance do you know anything about a calculator that shows you what angles they should be in for gravity assist?

Not really, no. It's not too bad, just play with it for a bit and see how it works. Some learning will be involved. :)

Ok will do thanks. To be honest I had never heard about your app but I'm glad I just did because it's very cool. :)

Edited by astroadrian99

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.