how to get lots of science.

hi, I cant figure out how to get a lot of science fast. and im running out of ways to do so. any help?
Watch Scott Manley's video on youtube about how to get to the Mun/Minmus then make that rocket but put mystery goo and a material bay on it. put the decoupler for your re-entry stage below the goo and the materials bay, then put landing gear on the bottom of the bay. extending the gear before you land on Kerbin will keep your craft from blowing up when landing with all that weight on it. Then don't land on a moon and don't go all the way to Minmus. Just to a few fly-by's around the Mun and back and every time expose the goo and the material bay and to a crew report or 2 and an EVA report. That got me about 200+ Science. When you are getting good at this strategy try to go for landing on the Mun. But be careful!!!!! Any TINY mistake will OBLITERATE you! This was very affective for me, I hope it helps you get a huge boost in your Campaign. Then do Minmus, and when you think you're ready, going to another planet will definitely get you 1000/2000+ science.

It has been answer many times in this thread but I will add my advice anyway.

If you wants heaps of science with minimum work, you will want to unlock the solar panel, battery and the science bay. Once you unlock a probe body and the NERVA it is even more efficient as you dont even need to return a kerbal to kerbin and can go way way far.

Then you can launch 'voyager' type of mission and transmit the data of experiments. You can get thousands of science points without landing anything, just low and high fly bys/orbits. From one mission I almost unlocked the whole tree while I was only with basic technology (single cell solar panel...)

And I corroborate the poster above me advice, watch scott manley's videos on the subject and you will understand a bit better on how transmitting science works.

Edited by merlinux

• 7 years later...

make pod with a mystery goo thermometer barometer material bey and any science expiriment thing you have and launch it on different launchpads. then when u r on the launchpad do the experiements with crew report and eva report. then do it on all of the launchpads and the airway. it is like 100+ free science

Hello @spaceguy2021, and welcome to the forums! Thank you, that's good advice.  :)

However, it's also the case that the original poster asked the question nearly eight years ago, so it's probably safe to assume that they've got things figured out by now.  Accordingly, locking the thread to prevent further confusion.  If anyone has a question about current KSP, please feel free to spin up a new thread!