[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

On 7/7/2023 at 12:59 PM, Aperson3546 said:

having either extraplanetary launchpads or kerbal attachment system seems to make no button in the KSC view work such as quit to main menu, enter VAB or fly active vehicle on the launchpad does anyone know why?

did you ever get this one figured out? I'm having the same problem and do not want to go through the effort of checking each of my 66 mods to see which one it is

I fixed it, I forgot to add toolbar controller which better timewarp needed, and somehow broke this mod without it

Edited by Jeffery Kerman
RESOLVED

Is there a way to cancel a build after it has hit 100%?

Turns out that spawining my ship causes a self destruct and idk how to deal with that...

Edited by Oaterson
Added content

On 6/20/2024 at 10:49 AM, Pikazilla said:

I absolutely hate to admit it because I've been stubbornly refusing to learn how to use ckaan but it really was that simple. The textures look awful but for one thing as far as I know they're supposed to look that way and for another it's a massive improvement over the parts being completely nonfunctional so I honestly don't even care.

Glad you got it sorted. CKAN is really the best way to do mods in KSP1. I have been hoping for a long time now that Interplanetary Launch Pads would, at some point be revisited/updated in terms of models/textures.

I seem to remember reading something about the USI MKS not playing nicely with Extra Planetary Launch Pads... Is this the case or am i misremembering. Trying to put the final touches on my mod list, trying to do it right this time and think the USI suite looks cool.

9 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I seem to remember reading something about the USI MKS not playing nicely with Extra Planetary Launch Pads... Is this the case or am i misremembering. Trying to put the final touches on my mod list, trying to do it right this time and think the USI suite looks cool.

I have both of those mods installed, there doesn't appear to be any issues but I haven't touched much from either of those mods in game yet.

• 1 month later...

I'm not getting the green preview outline when building. Aside from this issue, everything seems to work normally. I can build, finalize and then release.

I am testing in a clean install of KSP 1.12.5 with just EL 6.99.3 and MM 4.2.3.

Z7pikPR.jpeg

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by MalevolentNinja

Ok, I was testing previous versions of EL. 6.99.0 gives me this dialog when starting up. I don't get this dialog with later versions

43IU6Ag.png

I see the release notes for 6.99.0 that the settings moved into PluginData. I was able to manually change the settings in the CFG file and then I can see the CraftHull preview in 6.99.3.

Is it intentional that I never get prompted for the settings in the newer EL versions?

Edited by MalevolentNinja

Hey so I'm trying to make a custom resource config for EL and I was wondering if it's possible to make per-part resource configs. Like making it so that a certain engine might take steel, and another might take copper, and a cupola might take glass. Is this something that EL can do?

7 hours ago, rheaunderstars said:

Hey so I'm trying to make a custom resource config for EL and I was wondering if it's possible to make per-part resource configs. Like making it so that a certain engine might take steel, and another might take copper, and a cupola might take glass. Is this something that EL can do?

Yes. At pages 31 ~ 32 (point 5.2.1: "Recipes for building") of the EL manual (a PDF which exists in EL's folder in your install) you'll see EL_Recipe. Be sure to read more of the PDF to get the context. The other recipe nodes named in the PDF do not go into part configs afaik.

On 8/4/2024 at 11:35 PM, stephensmat said:

One question: If I drive a ship full of Machine Parts into a recycler, do those actual parts get added to the total salvage, or just the ship itself?

If your recycler vessel has tanks for what the scrapped vessel is holding, you get to recover those resources. If, however, Machine Parts is one of those USI WOLF virtual resources then keep your expectations low and test for yourself. You'll be waiting a long time if you wait on someone else to answer something like this.

• 4 weeks later...

Potentially a very dumb question, but the internet's not turned up anything so far; I'm trying to make an offworld construction site (on Laythe) using survey stakes. However, when I pull up the build UI it just displays "no site found" and no matter what I've tried so far I haven't been able to get them to show up. I installed KIS temporarily to see if that was the missing piece of the puzzle, but no luck. Is it maybe a distance thing (currently building ~150m from the base) , or is there some other really obvious thing I'm missing?

4 hours ago, KarmaLarma said:

Potentially a very dumb question, but the internet's not turned up anything so far; I'm trying to make an offworld construction site (on Laythe) using survey stakes. However, when I pull up the build UI it just displays "no site found" and no matter what I've tried so far I haven't been able to get them to show up. I installed KIS temporarily to see if that was the missing piece of the puzzle, but no luck. Is it maybe a distance thing (currently building ~150m from the base) , or is there some other really obvious thing I'm missing?

Do you have a survey station part there as well?

Forgive me for I have but the smoothest of brains. The MKS Pioneer module was listed as having a survey station part but obviously it doesn't work because I spawned in a default EL part to test with and was able to build something, thank you so much!