[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Not so much a quick hotfix, but I am working on a release. I'm just trying to sort out some issues stock-inventory-placed stakes (they get ludicrous mass). Once that's sorted, I will do a release.

By the way, I'm also having issue with those stakes falling over and rolling down hills due to being cylinders. It's not too important as I have Sandcastle, but just something I think you should know of.

43 minutes ago, SkyFall2489 said:

By the way, I'm also having issue with those stakes falling over and rolling down hills due to being cylinders. It's not too important as I have Sandcastle, but just something I think you should know of.

I've applied the PR @zer0Kerbal provided (based on @Robin Patenall's patch) which puts the CoM underground (and made suitable tweaks to EL's placement code), so they no longer fall over.

I have released version 6.99.3 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 6.99.2:

• Fix hiding EL's launch clamp (Louis Bach)
  • Fix incorrect vertical offset (5m) for survey builds
  • Fix inconsistent directory tree indentation
  • Japanese translation (Yark-Aki). Only partial due to the PR being before I did a release with the UI localization.
  • Survey stake CoM put underground (@zer0Kerbal, @Robin Patenall), and some tweaks to make it have the correct height offset for the build. Thanks to @Rodger for initial testing of the PR.
  • Allow survey station when KIS is not installed.
  • Patch Kerbal inventory mass limit to include the Kerbal's mass (ModuleInventoryPart massLimit is TOTAL mass, not just inventory mass), allowing kerbals to pick up stakes after they've been placed.

@taniwhathe zip file at  http://taniwha.org/~bill/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads_v6.99.3.zip is broken. Unzip complains about a "missing central directory", which indicates (since the directory in a zip file is at the end of the file) that the file might have got truncated on upload...

Also, the size does not seem right. Downloaded file is about 11MB, while version 6.99.2.0 was around 18MB. So, unless you cut down massively on size between 6.99.2.0 and 6.99.3.0, I'd guess the file got truncated.

Edited by RKunze
Add remark about wildly different file sizes

1 minute ago, RKunze said:

@taniwhathe zip file at  http://taniwha.org/~bill/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads_v6.99.3.zip is broken. Unzip complains about a "missing central directory", which indicates (since the directory in a zip file is at the end of the file) that the file might have got truncated on upload...

Fixed. Thanks. I had run out of space, tried to fix it, but must have done something wrong when I re-uploaded as I didn't see another error message. (probably uploaded the wrong file)

3 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Super keen for these!

BTW since you're interested in this, installing KIS will disable the stock functionality. But you can keep both stock+KIS modules just by commenting out or removing these last 3 lines in the Survey Stake part.cfg:

@PART[ELSurveyStake]:FOR[Launchpad]:NEEDS[KIS] {
	-MODULE[ModuleGroundPart] { }
}

After testing with both modules active it seems fine, but be ware of:

The stake's craft name changing (you will see the different names in the survey station's EL UI stake dropdown if it's changed)

Not being able to pick up a stake you 'deployed' with the icon button in the kerbal's inventory during EVA Construction mode. But you can pick it up with right-clicking the stake and selecting the appropriate option in the PAW, or by grabbing it with KIS.

You can just 'drop' the stakes from your inv now, and they should stay pointed upwards, and work just fine. dropping them with KIS also works, without the hammer. Hammers or 'deploying' them is probably best for non-flat surfaces still.

In rare cases, I've had the Kerbal on EVA not being able to walk... correctly, after messing with this stuff. I'd recommend always quicksaving before doing any setup with stakes, particularly with the stock deployment and construction.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, miniraccc said:

I cannot get productivity to go above 0, I have put 3, 5-star engineers with no stupidity at all (cheated them in to test) in the blue workshop and cannot get productivity to go up at all, so it's impossible for me to use this mod until I can find a fix.

The workshop has all required resources to make parts?  I haven't run the mod for awhile so can't recall if productivity is limited by resources also, sorry if irrelevant

Edited by darthgently

4 hours ago, miniraccc said:

I cannot get productivity to go above 0, I have put 3, 5-star engineers with no stupidity at all (cheated them in to test) in the blue workshop and cannot get productivity to go up at all, so it's impossible for me to use this mod until I can find a fix.

Is ModuleManager installed and working? That is the usual cause of productivity being 0. MM is required for adding the construction skill to kerbals (engineers, but that's tweakable via cfg).

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

Is ModuleManager installed and working? That is the usual cause of productivity being 0. MM is required for adding the construction skill to kerbals (engineers, but that's tweakable via cfg).

How can I make sure its working, all my other mods work fine and the MM dll is in the files.

1 hour ago, miniraccc said:

How can I make sure its working, all my other mods work fine and the MM dll is in the files.

It shows patches being applied in the loading screen. If this is the case, then check that the ELConstructionSkill has been added to the Engineer experience train (look for EXPERIENCE_TRAIT in ModuleManager.ConfigCache)

The workshop in particular should not have problems with productivity with 5-star engineers unless some other mod is interfering (which USI is known to do).

If things remain a mystery, send me your KSP.log as it might have some clues.

6 hours ago, taniwha said:

It shows patches being applied in the loading screen. If this is the case, then check that the ELConstructionSkill has been added to the Engineer experience train (look for EXPERIENCE_TRAIT in ModuleManager.ConfigCache)

The workshop in particular should not have problems with productivity with 5-star engineers unless some other mod is interfering (which USI is known to do).

If things remain a mystery, send me your KSP.log as it might have some clues.

So USI is known to cause problems with EPL? In that case my current carrier is almost doomed to failure

On 9/4/2022 at 6:27 PM, Revilo2601 said:

So USI is known to cause problems with EPL? In that case my current carrier is almost doomed to failure

That's only by default. I don't know the details, but there are configs in USI to either enable or disable so you cause use EL and USI together (others know).

On 9/5/2022 at 3:02 PM, Revilo2601 said:

Seems like you already build something and now your are trying to fuel it up.

I believe you have to finish that before you can build something new

The view shown there is of the resource transfer tab of the EPL menu. When the panel first loads, it has a height of zero, that is, it only shows the tab names. When I go to the resource manager, it shows. When I click back on the Build Manager, nothing happens. There is definitely nothing queued up, as this is my first build.

16 hours ago, ibiacmbyww said:

The view shown there is of the resource transfer tab of the EPL menu. When the panel first loads, it has a height of zero, that is, it only shows the tab names. When I go to the resource manager, it shows. When I click back on the Build Manager, nothing happens. There is definitely nothing queued up, as this is my first build.

The resource manager has nothing to do with your build. It is for managing resources in your active vessel: ie, it makes it easy to transfer resources between modules. A module is defined by separation parts: docking port, decouplers, KAS connectors (docked or undocked). All tanks (for a resource) within a module are grouped together and appear as a single "tank". The modules can be viewed by clicking on the "circular" icon (it's a toggle button) to the left of the resource name.  Mousing over the modules will highlight the parts that are in the module. You will also see a series of toggles beside the module names (which, btw, are determined from the vessel name when a docking node (port or KAS connector) is specified, or decoupler/separator otherwise), with "hold", "in", "out", and an unlabeled one. Hold/in/out are for transfer control. The unlabeled toggle is the enable/disable tank toggle you see in a part's PAW, but it indicates/controls all the tanks in that module (on if any tank is enabled, off if all are disabled). I added the resource manager because dealing with all those PAWs was a pain, and TAC Fuel Balancer, while an improvement, just wasn't enough (the resource manager was very much inspired by TAC Fuel Balancer).

Also, the resource manager is always available, no need for any sort of construction pad.

The build manager is quite different. Before building, the resource bars indicate the required or default amounts of the resource needed for the build, and how much of that resource is available on the mother ship. After building, any normally transferable resources will have sliders that allow you to control how much resource to transfer to the vessel when it is released. This applies only to vessels built using a regular pad (orbital dock, landing pad). The disposable/micro pad is irrelevant since the built "vessel" becomes a permanent part of the mother ship, and survey builds cannot transfer resources to the built vessel.

8 hours ago, taniwha said:

The resource manager has nothing to do with your build. It is for managing resources in your active vessel: ie, it makes it easy to transfer resources between modules. A module is defined by separation parts: docking port, decouplers, KAS connectors (docked or undocked). All tanks (for a resource) within a module are grouped together and appear as a single "tank". The modules can be viewed by clicking on the "circular" icon (it's a toggle button) to the left of the resource name.  Mousing over the modules will highlight the parts that are in the module. You will also see a series of toggles beside the module names (which, btw, are determined from the vessel name when a docking node (port or KAS connector) is specified, or decoupler/separator otherwise), with "hold", "in", "out", and an unlabeled one. Hold/in/out are for transfer control. The unlabeled toggle is the enable/disable tank toggle you see in a part's PAW, but it indicates/controls all the tanks in that module (on if any tank is enabled, off if all are disabled). I added the resource manager because dealing with all those PAWs was a pain, and TAC Fuel Balancer, while an improvement, just wasn't enough (the resource manager was very much inspired by TAC Fuel Balancer).

Also, the resource manager is always available, no need for any sort of construction pad.

The build manager is quite different. Before building, the resource bars indicate the required or default amounts of the resource needed for the build, and how much of that resource is available on the mother ship. After building, any normally transferable resources will have sliders that allow you to control how much resource to transfer to the vessel when it is released. This applies only to vessels built using a regular pad (orbital dock, landing pad). The disposable/micro pad is irrelevant since the built "vessel" becomes a permanent part of the mother ship, and survey builds cannot transfer resources to the built vessel.

While I appreciate the primer on the Resources Manager, I was pointing it out because it keeps showing itself no matter what I do or where I click on the panel.

https://imgur.com/undefinedtsgXSV5.png

I stand corrected, the above is what the panel shows when first loaded. I have clicked on the toggle next to the empty dropdown, making it green. Click on the Resource Manager, it shows. Click back on the Build Manager, nothing happens, and the Resource Manager continues to show. The ship definitely has RocketParts on board, in abundance, and you can see the Orbital Docks selected in the image above.

So I think I've missed something, and/or the panel has glitched.

I do not recognize those "orbital assembly docking port"s, what mod are they from? I note they lack a "Show UI" button, indicating they do not have an ELLaunchpad module, which will be the cause of your problems.

The toggle next to the dropdown controls whether the selected pad is highlighted. With no pad to select, it will have no effect.

j6dc08.png

jv56xh.png

Hello,longtime fan,i recently tried use KIS to transfer the resources between  separate no control launchpad and fully function base parts, as the picture shows :i got all it needs,and the resource has linked as well , but the build manager refuse to being touch,when i switch to launchpad it tells me i have 0 productivity。

i really look forward to play at  this way,so please give me a hint, any method, the way that change productivity always to full maybe。 

Edited by jebycheek

2 hours ago, jebycheek said:

Hello,longtime fan,i recently tried use KIS to transfer the resources between  separate no control launchpad and fully function base parts, as the picture shows :i got all it needs,and the resource has linked as well , but the build manager refuse to being touch,when i switch to launchpad it tells me i have 0 productivity。

i really look forward to play at  this way,so please give me a hint, any method, the way that change productivity always to full maybe。 

You might need to set the KAS connector/plug, from the yellow hose that is attaching the launchpad to the base, into "docked" connection mode, so it all becomes one craft.