KERBALKON, talk, share, play!

Tidus Klein

All will be revealed tomorrow. Expect all your favorite Squad and KSP-TV personalities, some special Youtube favorites - oh, and and someone who's been to space...

But... no spacecraft engineers at all?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! WHY?!

All will be revealed tomorrow. Expect all your favorite Squad and KSP-TV personalities, some special Youtube favorites - oh, and and someone who's been to space...

Rowsdower, I may have missed it, but will a schedule posted at some point of who will be on at what time?

I keep hearing rumors that Maxmaps (the PR guy from Squad) was apparently telling some fans that at the dev meeting before Kerbalkon they will be deciding whether or not they will scrap resources from the game's development plans. I don't like rumors so I'd like an answer from someone that can confirm whether or not this rumor is true?

If it is true then it is very disheartening.

I keep hearing rumors that Maxmaps (the PR guy from Squad) was apparently telling some fans that at the dev meeting before Kerbalkon they will be deciding whether or not they will scrap resources from the game's development plans. I don't like rumors so I'd like an answer from someone that can confirm whether or not this rumor is true?

There's people that believes they are going to pull a "Notch".

I agree, if this is true then it totally destroys any point to what little bit of a career mode we have. Hopefully they think real hard about this.

Edited by MasterGir

Right now everything does point at resources being removed from the feature list, which is quite disheartening. An official statement would be lovely. Resources are necessary for the game to have some form of content beyond missions and economy (neither of which is in the game at the moment).

I doubt that resources will be removed from the features list. It is such a versatile system which would give many things in KSP a meaningful purpose (i.e Space Stations and Bases). It is more likely that resources are not a short term goal but rather a long term goal. Towards the end off or after the completion of career mode.

I doubt that resources will be removed from the features list. It is such a versatile system which would give many things in KSP a meaningful purpose (i.e Space Stations and Bases). It is more likely that resources are not a short term goal but rather a long term goal. Towards the end off or after the completion of career mode.

But the career mode would be totally empty without resources. What reason would you have to send anything beyond the Mun if there's nothing there? Not only would you accomplish nothing, the payout for it would be so low that it'd ruin your space program. Resources are vital to career mode.

But the career mode would be totally empty without resources. What reason would you have to send anything beyond the Mun if there's nothing there? Not only would you accomplish nothing, the payout for it would be so low that it'd ruin your space program. Resources are vital to career mode.

I'd be very disappointed if resources were taken off the table forever but I don't mind too much if it remains on the 'eventually' list. You could easily structure the game around science based missions with financial and prestige rewards for performing experiments and collecting samples from distant bodies. After all, that is essentially the current position for all real space programs here on Earth.

@qwertyx2y: As Rowsdower said it will all be revealed soon :)

I understand this answer... BUT In my opinion there's a lack of information about Kerbalkon (and sometimes about other stuff)!

I explain my point of view:

I'm "new" to Kerbal Space Program (about 2 month). I was quickly taken in the KSP tornado... it's a great game and I really love it. I spent tons of time finding informations, about the game, the devs, the goals, and so on. It's not always easy but... let's say that it's normal (Alpha game, but paid 20 bucks for it). But here's the point: I have sometimes the feeling that official communication is organised (and thought) for "old-veteran" players... knowing everything about KSP, KerbalKon, devstories etc...

Anyway... I'm really enthusiastic about Kerbalkon, even if I don't really know what it will be and when (Hour) it will take place... and why it is an "important" event.

It's not a complain... just sharing an idea !

Hi there: :)

This is my first Kerbalkon, and i’m very excited :)

So, we will have a real anstronaut! Amazing :D

I’ve translated the video with my nintendo 3DS :P

Video barely translated:

[Playing card sounds]

Ah!

Eh!

[The rocket flyes away]

[The kerbal jumps from the stairs]

[They run] Weeeeeeeeeee!

[He opens the box] Eeeeh...

[He turns on the Jetpack] Weeee...

[His dream disappear] *Confusion sounds*

[He sees the cake] *Buenas tardes, *sounds*

*Buenas tardes means Good afternoon

Cheers! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.