[SHOWCASE] Showoff Your Whackjob Worthy Crafts!

You're just not going to see many truly Whackjobian constructs, because most of us like being able to actually fit our designs into the VAB and play at framerates that let us finish a launch before bedtime. I mean, I think my own 900t station + 12kt booster design (posted elsewhere) is impressively large, taking up the entire VAB, but I'd say it's not even close to the sort of scales Whackjob often plays at. That's to say nothing of the designs that don't involve any sort of attempts at realism or launchability, like the sphere posted over in the coffee thread.

I've been tempted to make some truly huge designs just for the sake of being able to say I'd done so, but I'd much rather do things like refining my spaceplane design or setting up a network of fuel depots. And for those sorts of things, the sheer size of a true whackjobish design is just problematic.

Everything looks amazingly big to ksp standards, and amazingly small to Whackjob standards.

If you can fit it on the screen at one time, it's not a Whackjob. Here's that design I was talking about, which comes closest for me:

p7yMa2m.png

and even that isn't too bad to fly, since the part counts aren't huge.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.