[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

Is there a way to make custom science reports, nd maybe make an Easter egg on the the surface of a planet?

Yes There is A way To Make custom Science Reports.

Easter eggs Are PQSCity Objects And there Is no PQScity Support in the Mod.

Hello, I am trying to make a Laythe derivitive planet and I am having a small problem. I am trying to make it 1.2Million meters in radius, however, it claims to be 500KM in the tracking center, and when you approach it, at 700KM above the "surface" you can see the PQS. However, the radar altimeter is broken, and the atmosphere is gone. It is compeltely visible from orbit, so IDK if it is the scaled space or the PQS that is broken. This is my CFG file:

PFBody
{
name=Emralled
templateName=Laythe
flightGlobalsIndex=732120
}
CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription= The Scientist who originally discovered Emralled saw a green dot in the sky. After he reported his finding to the committee- as they had received many reports due to this- checked his telescope for impurities. After they found that the entire lens was colored, they told him he was wrong. Many years later, professionals lost track of an asteroid around Sa-Fire roughly where the scientist said his planet, that he called Emralled, was claimed to be. And so the committee finally let him name the speck in the sky.
GeeASL=2.5
rotationPeriod=15000
Radius=1200000
staticPressureASL=2.5
atmosphereScaleHeight=10
atmosphereContainsOxygen=True
atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier=15
maxAtmosphereAltitude = 200000
rotates=True
tidallyLocked=False
initialRotation=120
}
PQS
{
radius=1200000
minLevel=1
maxLevel=10
}

PQSMod_VertexColorMap
{
modEnabled=True
order=99986
vertexColorMap=Emralled_color.png
}

ScaledExport
{
templateName=Laythe
mapWidth=4096
maxHeight=6500
hasOcean=true
oceanHeight=0.0
exportBin=True
removeAlpha=True
}
Orbit
{
inclination = 0.5
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 59000000
LAN = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Sa-Fire
}

PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
modEnabled=True
heightMap=Emralled_height.png
heightMapDeformity=8000
}

if anybody has any ideas as to why it is bugged, can you please tell me please?

Thank you :)

Edit: I found it out myself. I forgot that in the CB part it has to be Radius not radius. This solved the problem, :) just a minor NAN atmosphere issue to deal with before it's ready for release. :)

Edit2: I have two more bugs until my jewel based planet pack is ready! My first, which is a pretty severe bug is that on my Laythe based planet(the original CFG above) days and night are not lined up in the scaled space. The lighting is correct for on the ground(though the atmosphere doesnt show up for some reason), but it is 120 degrees of from space. I cannot even start to guess as to what is wrong with my planet.

2nd bug is that FAR is reading approximately 150 times as many atmospheres of pressure on the same planet as above, as it should( and as the stock aerodynamics does).

if anyone has a clue why as to the cause of these, please tell me :) thanks

(I also updated above CFG file).

Edit3: Narrowed it down to (I believe) one null reference. I have however, looked at the file the Kittopia space file on it and it gives absolutely no null's. Everything is assigned, so I am completely stuck. If I can't solve this planet, I will just make it's moonlet a planet and release that...

Edited by braininator

Is there a way to lower sentars inclination?

Did you mean its orbital inclination? Yes, it is possible to do. Just add some orbital configuration on Sentar.cfg. It is actually configurable, even the comment on the config file said otherwise.

Here's my personal configuration for Sentar:

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=Ah, finally some rings... According to the fish the name translates into Kerbal as ratnes or "to stand". Significant? I doubt it... Based on Polyphemus from Avatar. Texture from Celestia pack by Milosz21.
}

//This planet is not configurable

Orbit
{
inclination = 1.5
eccentricity = 0.01
semiMajorAxis = 160000000000
LAN = 82
argumentOfPeriapsis = 58
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 1.4
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Sun
}

Did you mean its orbital inclination? Yes, it is possible to do. Just add some orbital configuration on Sentar.cfg. It is actually configurable, even the comment on the config file said otherwise.

Here's my personal configuration for Sentar:

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=Ah, finally some rings... According to the fish the name translates into Kerbal as ratnes or "to stand". Significant? I doubt it... Based on Polyphemus from Avatar. Texture from Celestia pack by Milosz21.
}

//This planet is not configurable

Orbit
{
inclination = 1.5
eccentricity = 0.01
semiMajorAxis = 160000000000
LAN = 82
argumentOfPeriapsis = 58
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 1.4
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Sun
}

Awesome Im gonna Move my Sentar a Bit closer. and Lower its inclination.

He might possibly update it. Two months ago, one of the last times he spoke in this thread (back on page 35 I think) he said that the next update is very close. However, since about a week or two afterwards nobody has heard from him that I know off. So in all honestly... Probably not for a while...

I too really wish he would update it. There are many minor tweaks that would make this an even more amazing mod than it already is.

Some time ago I "cleaned up" my KSP install by removing a few mods/part packs I didn't use anymore and updating some of the other ones (maybe installing one or two new ones too, I am not sure anymore).

Then I installed this mod and KSP Interstellar and ever since then I am getting an annoying bug: every once in a while when switching scenes (or from one craft to a different, far away one), Kerbol disappears. Along with all the stars. KSC then looks like at night except with all the lights off, and ships in space are floating in a great black void. To fix this, I have to restart KSP.

I don't know if this is caused by Planet Factory, if it's Interstellar, if it's an incompatibility between them and one of the other mods I use, or if it's caused by something different altogether. But Planet Factory seems to me like the most likely culprit, so: does this sound familiar to anyone? Has anyone here had that bug before? It would be nice to know where it comes from.

I ahve a request that I've been wanting to see for a long time. A B612/Little Prince/XKCD What If little Planet. THis little planet would have 1 gee ASL and a radius of about 1.75 meters.

I tried this Out So far The Very tiny Planet Has An Soi Of One Km and Has a Radius of 2 meters. But The Kraken Loves It and Just Destorys the ship when Near it.

Edited by Dooz

Its been a week since i start playing with this mod !!! Awesome mod Krag btw !!! And ive manage to understand most of the .cfg files i can create lots of planet on differant orbit on collision cousre change size SOI orbit Lan u get the point. There is my problem the height map from SE work fine but the color dont i always have the color of the template planet ive choose ive try exporting the map in all the files they offers but still not working... here is the .cfg on my planet:

PFBody

{

name=Test

templateName=Ike

flightGlobalsIndex=752

}

CelestialBody

{

bodyDescription=Test

GeeASL=0.5

Radius=100000

rotates=False

rotationPeriod=4040

initialRotation=180

tidallyLocked=False

}

Orbit

{

inclination = 0.9

eccentricity = 0.00

semiMajorAxis = 2500000000

LAN = 0

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 3

epoch = 0

referenceBody = Reddish

}

PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform

{

deactivateAltitude=180000

}

PQS

{

radius=100000

minLevel=1

maxLevel=10

}

PQSMod_PFDebug

{

order=99999

modEnabled=True

minAlt=999999

}

PQSMod_VertexPlanet

{

modEnabled=False

}

PQSMod_PFOffset

{

modEnabled=True

offset=500

order=5

}

ScaledExport

{

templateName=Ike

mapWidth=2048

maxHeight=4000

hasOcean=false

oceanHeight=0.0

exportBin=True

removeAlpha=False

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightMap

{

modEnabled=True

order=160

heightMap=Test_height.png

heightMapDeformity=2000

heightMapOffset=0

scaleDeformityByRadius=True

}

PQSMod_VertexColorMap

{

modEnabled=True

order=150

vertexColorMap=Test_color.png

}

PQSMod_PFHeightColor

{

modEnabled=False

order=30

lerp=True

landClasses

{

LandClass

{

altStart=0

altEnd=0.5

color=0.99, 0.99, 0.99, 1.000

}

LandClass

{

altStart=0.5

altEnd=0.6

color=0.0, 0.02, 0.02, 1.000

}

LandClass

{

altStart=0.6

altEnd=0.7

color=0.15, 0.150, 0.155, 1.000

}

LandClass

{

altStart=0.7

altEnd=1.0

color=0.99, 0.99, 0.98, 1.000

}

}

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise

{

modEnabled=False

order=10

noiseType=RiggedMultifractal

deformity=10

seed=45756

frequency=2

lacunarity=2.5

persistance=0.8

octaves=6

mode=Low

}

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute

{

modEnabled=False

order=100

seed=3339066

deformity=2000

octaves=1

persistence=0.6

frequency=0.80

}

I have encountered that problem before. I could not find out what it was then, though I might have an idea now. I think it might be due to the part in the code which states

PQSMod_PFHeightColor
{
modEnabled=False
order=30
lerp=True
landClasses
{
LandClass
{
altStart=0
altEnd=0.5
color=0.99, 0.99, 0.99, 1.000
}
LandClass
{
altStart=0.5
altEnd=0.6
color=0.0, 0.02, 0.02, 1.000

}
LandClass
{
altStart=0.6
altEnd=0.7
color=0.15, 0.150, 0.155, 1.000

}
LandClass
{
altStart=0.7
altEnd=1.0
color=0.99, 0.99, 0.98, 1.000
}
}
}

as that gives the color of the planets. I think that might be overriding your color map. I am not certain, but I'd recommend giving it a try.

I tried this Out So far The Very tiny Planet Has An Soi Of One Km and Has a Radius of 2 meters. But The Kraken Loves It and Just Destorys the ship when Near it.

Let me fix your insanely annoying Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word.

I tried this out. So far the tiny planet has an SOI of 1 km and a radius of 2 meters. Unfortunately the Gravity Kraken loves it and just destroys the vessel when it nears the planet

Anyway, on the content of your post...

Yeah, that's a shame. I thought I saw someone who had made a planet a bit bigger that you could drive a rover on. Maybe if you made it much bigger?

Yeah, that's a shame. I thought I saw someone who had made a planet a bit bigger that you could drive a rover on. Maybe if you made it much bigger?

I Even tried 5km 10km Both triggered the Kraken.

I guess the game is unable to handle such small objects.

I can't remember where this was, but I remember sometime in February or march, Krag and NathanKell spoke about this subject. According to krag, the game breaks down if planets are edited to under 25-30KM (just smaller than gilly). and so most likely, if you want to do something to a similar degree, you might need either a part with gravity(from another mod), or go for something about Gilly sized. I will find a link to the forum post if you wish.

I'm fairly sure the fps drop in incredibly small celestial bodys is related to the PQS mesh being built all at once, instead of in small chunks... I think there is a PQS mod that changes the activation distance of the sphere; PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform, that might help. But it would probably need a lot of tweaking. When I have more time, I will attempt this.

IIRC Duna uses a vertex color map rather than landclasses. So you'll need to point it to a different colormap texture.

I think i have already done that. This is what the CGF says:

PFBody

{

name=Mars

templateName=Duna

flightGlobalsIndex=400

}

CelestialBody

{

bodyDescription=Mars, named after the Roman god of war. Home to the Valles Marineris, and Olympus Mons.

//gravité

GeeASL=0.375

atmosphere=True

atmosphereContainsOxygen=False

rotates=True

tidallyLocked=False

}

PQSMod_VertexColorMap

{

modEnabled=True

order=99986

vertexColorMap=Mars_color.png

}

ScaledExport

{

templateName=Duna

mapWidth=2048

maxHeight=20000

exportBin=True

removeAlpha=True

}

Orbit

{

inclination = 0.06

semiMajorAxis = 20726155264

eccentricity = 0.05

LAN = 125

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

epoch = 0

referenceBody = Sun

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightMap

{

modEnabled=True

heightMap=Mars_height.png

heightMapDeformity=3000

Is there anything you can see there that might be causing the problem?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.