[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

I am also going to add onto that, just in case it is this easy, in your cfg file you are not finishing it. Based on what you put in here, you need to add

two }} on the end to finish the file. If that is not it, I will compare it to to my "working" duna derivative and note differences.

Funnily, i manage to fix the problem without doing that. It works now, no more strange Colour map bugs.

I actually just came here now to say that i fixed the problem. I just copy and pasted a bunch on important-looking things from the Skelton CFG.

Now my problem is that the Colour map i choice for Mars is surprisingly grey and lifeless close up. Oh well.

Edited by jesusHERCULESchrist

Really hope Krag is doing fine, she hasn't said anything in a while. Really do miss this mod.

As do I. I remember krag saying that the mod is resting and new version coming soon.

I'm probably overlooking something really rudimentary here, but how does one take surface_bump and surface_diff textures from Space Engine? Clicking on Info, then going to Export, choosing "This Object Only," and then finishing only yields a .cfg in the game's Export folder containing the name of the body, its location, its parent body, its "Pioneer," and the date of its discovery. I only tried it for Io, but that was all I found. What am I missing?

I'm probably overlooking something really rudimentary here, but how does one take surface_bump and surface_diff textures from Space Engine? Clicking on Info, then going to Export, choosing "This Object Only," and then finishing only yields a .cfg in the game's Export folder containing the name of the body, its location, its parent body, its "Pioneer," and the date of its discovery. I only tried it for Io, but that was all I found. What am I missing?

Exporting does not work for preset planets like IO or earth.

Exporting does not work for preset planets like IO or earth.

Alright, but whenever I try to export a procedural object (such as a random selena I find in a random star system), it tells me "Object not found."

Also, I am having some problems getting this compatible with Real Solar System (which I intend to use in conjunction with the planets that I am making). Any help on that would also be appreciated.

Edited by Omicron314

Alright, but whenever I try to export a procedural object (such as a random selena I find in a random star system), it tells me "Object not found."

Also, I am having some problems getting this compatible with Real Solar System (which I intend to use in conjunction with the planets that I am making). Any help on that would also be appreciated.

Normal PF is compatible with RSS (real solar system) but the OP says the plugin is unstable so I'm assuming PF CE can not handle RSS modifying PQS properties of the unstable code of the planet.

The space engine export.

Try reinstalling SE.

Sooo When Are we going to Get Rings?

At this point questions like that are pointless. Krag is either working super hard on something else, or the mod has been abandoned. However, KCreator just updated his mod to allow you to place Rings on planets. Its still a little janky at this point (it doesnt save changes made to PF planet to the planets .CFG), but its a good addition to this mod.

i need some help, im trying to make a gas giant but i keep getting this:

http://i.imgur.com/YQwdGkY.png

ive tried everything i can think of, i removed the heightmap, did nothing, remade the cfg, did nothing, etc.

can someone tell me whats wrong?

First of GAS GIANTS DO NOT have height maps

And for color maps rename it to gasgiantname_map

And here gas planet code Enjoy....:)

PFBody
{
name=Nameofplanet
templateName=Jool
flightGlobalsIndex=700

}

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=Yourdesc

}

Orbit
{
inclination = 2.0
eccentricity = 0.1
semiMajorAxis = 2900000000
LAN = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Poop

Edited by Dooz

First of GAS GIANTS DO NOT have height maps

And for color maps rename it to gasgiantname_map

And here gas planet code Enjoy....:)

PFBody
{
name=Nameofplanet
templateName=Jool
flightGlobalsIndex=700

}

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=Yourdesc

}

Orbit
{
inclination = 2.0
eccentricity = 0.1
semiMajorAxis = 2900000000
LAN = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Poop

ok, thanks! :D

That looks awesome! is there anything unique to kerbin that you have to include in the config? I am thinking of making a completely alien star cluster system, that's completely different to anything seen before, but I needed to make sure this was possible. Thanks :)

Well what do you know... Using kerbin not laythe as a template fixed my planet Emralled that was holding me back from releasing my planet pack! I'm going to go write the post, set up the download etc. When it's done I will put the link here:

The images are broken on the forum post, but it's released!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82057-Sa-Fire-Planet-Pack-for-Planet-Factory-CE-v-1?p=1195419#post1195419

Edited by braininator

Some testing shots of my upcoming planet pack! JoolPlus, which adds more moons to Jool!

2mpfsxk.png

A screenshot from one of the various craters on Kallipo, the Callisto analouge. The huge craters are pretty flat, but not as flat as the flats on Minmus, there's a couple of terrain formations in those craters.

2rejmt5.png

A screenshot from the surface of Stratos, the innermost moon of Jool, has a 45 degree inclination and is really close to it. But hey, it has wicked terrain and good views. It looks like the poster from Europa Report down here.

EuropaReportPosterfullcolor590-01.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.