[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

Here's a sneak peek at the first release of my planet pack. it will have its own thread up in a few days.

IMGUR<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/FAwit/embed"></iframe>/IMGUR

Try this [imgur ]FAwit[/ imgur] without spaces, should get the picture in there, But anyways, Really nice planets, especially Tectonica 1! were these planets custom made, or imported via SpaceEngine?

Try this [imgur ]FAwit[/ imgur] without spaces, should get the picture in there, But anyways, Really nice planets, especially Tectonica 1! were these planets custom made, or imported via SpaceEngine?

Half and half some form space engine some are custom.

I have problems with one of my planets' (Tectonica) atmosphere appearing is this normal or is there a fix i would really like to know.

What is the issue? is the ambient color not showing, and you have an atmosphere, or your atmosphere is all whack, etc.?

I may be able to help!

What is the issue? is the ambient color not showing, and you have an atmosphere, or your atmosphere is all whack, etc.?

I may be able to help!

the color never shows up nor does it slow you down, no re entry or mach effects, however parachutes do deploy but do nothing.

the color never shows up nor does it slow you down, no re entry or mach effects, however parachutes do deploy but do nothing.

Post the .cfg code, and ambiance is complicated, at least for me, I use the clouds mod for coloring atmospheres.

Post the .cfg code, and ambiance is complicated, at least for me, I use the clouds mod for coloring atmospheres.

ok I have the cloud mod but here is the file.

PFBody

{

name=Tectonica

templateName=Duna

flightGlobalsIndex=760

}

CelestialBody

{

bodyDescription=This planet is known for its violent tectconic events, Not many objects crash into the surface because of the corrosive compounds its atmosphere is made out of

GeeASL=0.5

Radius=550000

atmosphere=True

atmosphereScaleHeight=3

maxAtmosphereAltitude=45000

rotates=True

rotationPeriod=61920

initialRotation=180

tidallyLocked=False

}

Orbit

{

inclination = 10

eccentricity = 0.001

semiMajorAxis = 45839348203

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 3

epoch = 0

referenceBody = Sun

LAN = 80

}

PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform

{

//deactivateAltitude=180000

}

PQS

{

radius=550000

minLevel=1

maxLevel=10

}

PQSMod_PFDebug

{

order=99999

modEnabled=True

minAlt=999999

}

PQSMod_VertexPlanet

{

modEnabled=False

}

PQSMod_PFOffset

{

modEnabled=True

offset=500

order=5

}

ScaledExport

{

templateName=Duna

mapWidth=2048

maxHeight=5000

hasOcean=false

oceanHeight=0.0

exportBin=True

removeAlpha=False

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightMap

{

modEnabled=True

//order=160

heightMap=Tectonica_height.png

heightMapDeformity=7500

heightMapOffset=1000

//scaleDeformityByRadius=True

}

PQSMod_VertexColorMap

{

modEnabled=True

//order=150

vertexColorMap=Tectonica_color.png

}

ok I have the cloud mod but here is the file.

PFBody

{

name=Tectonica

templateName=Duna

flightGlobalsIndex=760

}

CelestialBody

{

bodyDescription=This planet is known for its violent tectconic events, Not many objects crash into the surface because of the corrosive compounds its atmosphere is made out of

GeeASL=0.5

Radius=550000

atmosphere=True

atmosphereScaleHeight=3

maxAtmosphereAltitude=45000

rotates=True

rotationPeriod=61920

initialRotation=180

tidallyLocked=False

}

Orbit

{

inclination = 10

eccentricity = 0.001

semiMajorAxis = 45839348203

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 3

epoch = 0

referenceBody = Sun

LAN = 80

}

PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform

{

//deactivateAltitude=180000

}

PQS

{

radius=550000

minLevel=1

maxLevel=10

}

PQSMod_PFDebug

{

order=99999

modEnabled=True

minAlt=999999

}

PQSMod_VertexPlanet

{

modEnabled=False

}

PQSMod_PFOffset

{

modEnabled=True

offset=500

order=5

}

ScaledExport

{

templateName=Duna

mapWidth=2048

maxHeight=5000

hasOcean=false

oceanHeight=0.0

exportBin=True

removeAlpha=False

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightMap

{

modEnabled=True

//order=160

heightMap=Tectonica_height.png

heightMapDeformity=7500

heightMapOffset=1000

//scaleDeformityByRadius=True

}

PQSMod_VertexColorMap

{

modEnabled=True

//order=150

vertexColorMap=Tectonica_color.png

}

Ok, so from what I see, your atmospheric configurations are all fine, but to get the color you want, I dont think you can use the .cfg from the planet there, use the clouds mod for this. If you need help with that, just PM me

Could someone please explain a few things to me?

I'm trying to make the Moon as an example since it's real and I can get maps of all kinds for it. The easiest method I thought was to use Space Engine but when I export the height and color maps all I get is this:

Height

09oyGVZ.jpg

Color

Gyqb3JJ.jpg

After 2 hours of changing values and finding the two maps on Google, I got this to work:

lgwwdeZ.png

It seems to works fine except for this weird effect when I move the camera.

Normal

2d8DKFd.png

Moved slightly upwards

DU0kO43.png

So my biggest issue right now is that exporting from Space Engine doesn't work, could someone explain why the maps are black? I tried exporting 3 or so moons from it and they all look the same (Moon, Io and Titan). I tried exporting as jpg, png and tga but they all look exactly the same.

New problem, I can't get Earth the right size at all. It says 6371km in game and in the config file (both PQS and CelestialBody) but in game it stays the same size as the reference body I use. I tried pretty much all possible planets and none get any bigger. I don't understand what the issue is, the Moon is based on Minmus and got 29 times bigger no problem and Earth can't get 10 times larger than its reference body?

Here's Earth at 42km.

Edited by AndreyATGB

Nice work with the moon! Good job! For earth, have you done the scaled space? And I'd so, did you delete the old one before you updated? I found that if you do not the old is not replaced. And I've also tried exporting from se. I found it works for anything but our solar system, else the results are the same as yours.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know where I can get star wars bump/color maps? And preferably without copyright issues if that is an issue that I might have.

It seems to works fine except for this weird effect when I move the camera.

Normal

http://i.imgur.com/2d8DKFd.png

Moved slightly upwards

http://i.imgur.com/DU0kO43.png

I have this same problem. See my post on the top of this page: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE/page35?highlight=planet+factory

I think the game only renders the Scaled Space mesh if the template of what it is based on is visible on screen. For example, if you have Mun as your template, then it will still think the SS mesh has a 200km radius and only render the object if THAT is visible on screen, despite the fact that your scaled-up moon is larger.

Nice work with the moon! Good job! For earth, have you done the scaled space? And I'd so, did you delete the old one before you updated? I found that if you do not the old is not replaced. And I've also tried exporting from se. I found it works for anything but our solar system, else the results are the same as yours.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know where I can get star wars bump/color maps? And preferably without copyright issues if that is an issue that I might have.

I did delete all 3 files PF creates after every edit and also restarted the game every time. Doesn't really matter, I got the same results by editing RSS instead.

I have this same problem. See my post on the top of this page: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE/page35?highlight=planet+factory

I think the game only renders the Scaled Space mesh if the template of what it is based on is visible on screen. For example, if you have Mun as your template, then it will still think the SS mesh has a 200km radius and only render the object if THAT is visible on screen, despite the fact that your scaled-up moon is larger.

That's probably the issue, it would explain why the Moon works fine but Earth doesn't since it's so much larger. I don't know, I just put numbers in and downloaded the maps so I have no idea how this thing works on the inside so to speak.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.