Space Engine help

Clockwork13

I love space engine. But I am trying to run it on this computer, and for me its basically a computer melting lag mess. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? And btw this computer is pretty new so I'm not sure why its so laggy.

I find it runs better on my high end laptop then my three year old semi gaming computer. The lag is going to take place when it renders details on the planets surfaces.

Have discovered that with free camera mode if you left click on a spot and get the info to show, then right click, you can select Go To Object. It is a quick way to travel.

There are some impossible systems where some scorched planets cannot possibly exist due to the extreme heat of the bloated massive red star. Then, the atmosphere of that planet is so dirty as to hide everything in near darkness.

dEi23Bx.jpg

A planet in a globular star system with a hot blue star. Just the shear number of stars in the globular can slow things down.

oPEsLbV.jpg

And, there it is, the distortion of a massive Black Hole with the event horizon marked.

cgCrlYY.jpg

Edited by SRV Ron

I love space engine. But I am trying to run it on this computer, and for me its basically a computer melting lag mess. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? And btw this computer is pretty new so I'm not sure why its so laggy.

Get a new pc!

EDIT: install advanced system care, update video card drivers, if needed run in compatibilty mode( if on W8), and tell me your specs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.