Space Art

Nassault630

I'm wondering how many other KSP players also enjoyed drawing and creating space-inspired art. I'd love to see your work, as others here will as well. So please share!

Please keep it space related!

Not much of a self-promotion, but I just thought it would be fair to display the work that also inspires my KSP cinematic and comes full circle to inspire cinematic ideas.

1014680_10152245495419924_66251621_o.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/Mtg3v

Edited by Nassault630

That's so groovy! What medium is it? Looks l like oil to me. Colors are spectacular, especially in the landscape rocks.

I have no idea really, sorry. I found it a long time ago browsing google or some space art site. It reminds me of a north pole expedition, only this time on the moon of a ringed planet (I am not sure if that is Saturn).

I have no idea really, sorry. I found it a long time ago browsing google or some space art site. It reminds me of a north pole expedition, only this time on the moon of a ringed planet (I am not sure if that is Saturn).

Eerhm, Nass was talking about posting art you've made yourself :P

Funny this thread comes up now, because I was just working on some art of my own...

This is why I love KSP community. There are so many scientists, artists, authors. It would be like a heaven to have a drinking time with you all in a pub. Btw, I'm terrible at computer art but not so bad at drawing-painting. You just encouraged me to do some space art! :)

Alright, since I'm proud of this one I can't keep just keep it stashed away until more are done... combination of some space engine screenshots, photos of comets, mars observer, and some handpainted stuff...

What can you tell about the area of space the image was taken in, based on what's presented in it?

umbra.png

Sadly some weird color artefacting in it ruins the subtleties in certain areas... doesn't look like that in photoshop, but does in a web browser...

This is my latest, despite it being an update of one of my first pieces of work:

SVty1tQ.jpg

I have a fair few others that can be found by going through the Mason Codex link in my signature. Just follow the Space Art link after that.

I am still learning how to make my digital pictures better, but I've made considerable progress since I started. My hand-drawn stuff is decent too, if I do say so myself, but I don't have any of it scanned onto my computer.

I love drawing some random space art from time to time

A quick painting i made of Jool and Tylo

-snip-

A dead moon in orbit around a exoplanet:

-snip

Those are some fantastic craters in the bottom. Great job!

Edited by OtherDalfite
I'm redundant

As opposed to actual painting, one can do the computer generated stuff. By doing so, it becomes the art of photography - composing the shot is everything. The examples below are from many hours of playing around with Space Engine to find that right composition;

idEMt6Y.jpg

C8BC9Dl.jpg

5y4yrKl.jpg

EGgf3zd.jpg

moawhr craters, i might add a big blue ringed exoplanet in the background later.

http://i.imgur.com/6JJFqmM.jpg?1?6281

some beautiful art in this thread, keep posting guys!

I love those craters, the linework is perfection. I had a lot of fun drawing Moon craters in my first animation, but not nearly as great as yours! Just something about pulling the highlights and darks in the craters is really satisfying.

As opposed to actual painting, one can do the computer generated stuff. By doing so, it becomes the art of photography - composing the shot is everything. The examples below are from many hours of playing around with Space Engine to find that right composition;

http://i.imgur.com/idEMt6Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/C8BC9Dl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5y4yrKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EGgf3zd.jpg

Those screenshots are really great, but you can't call that photography. Photography requires real world, light, lens and a sensor. This is digital art.

I love those craters, the linework is perfection. I had a lot of fun drawing Moon craters in my first animation, but not nearly as great as yours! Just something about pulling the highlights and darks in the craters is really satisfying.

That was a beautiful video! especially the beginning, when it was almost completely silent (besides the wind and the music) and then you see one small dot moving in the sky. i have to agree that there's something addicting and satisfying about drawing craters :)

Those screenshots are really great, but you can't call that photography. Photography requires real world, light, lens and a sensor. This is digital art.

I am going to disagree using the following argument. The Space Engine pictures are generated with no user input other then moving the camera position around to get the composure in lighting and scene. This is what a photographer would do with either a film or digital camera. The computer is imitating real world from fictional created ones

The following example below is pure digital art using a fractal math program. In this case, a range set has to be entered along with filter settings before the program creates the picture using various complex calculations based upon fractals. The picture below from the combination of those settings at a specific range of value. Generating of such pictures can take hours.

NBE8Rsf.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.