Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

8 hours ago, Jefzor said:

I changed the pitot tube of my Mig-21 to something that won't break off. I also clipped in counter-productive control surfaces, to imitate stalls when pitching up hard. (clipping isn't cheating if it's meant to decrease the performance, right?)

Yeah, I would recommend surface mount comunitrons, this is what it looks like on my one:

98uE1sp.jpg

On a different, completely unrelated subject, does anyone have any American-Style aircraft carriers I can borrow? I have built the X-47A for X-Plane of the day, and want to get a screenshot of it taking off off one. It can take-off just before the parallel white stripes on the runway, and land within an even shorter distance, so it doesn't need to be very big of a carrier.

Here is my X-47: Q4Z1WUj.jpg

Edited by MiffedStarfish

6 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I have the idea for a story and the props seem to be coming along OK

That looks amazing !

I wish there was a mod for wind and sails in the game, and cannons of course. :cool:

15 hours ago, Azimech said:

First thing I thought when I saw that was "Hey ... beer!"

LOL! That was the first thing my friend thought it was! Its beer, but with more... punch! :cool: You'll feel it more.... it has a heck of a hangover... :wink:

9 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Testing for a Giant project... - And yes, this is the entirety of the SPH.

CpXarRp.png

I think I am almost done with the CATO of CAtOBAR

Marvelous, this is why I love KSP.

:rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

On 23-5-2017 at 10:23 PM, Gman_builder said:

Dang that progressed quick. The record was around 250 since last September i think. Me and Azimech and another guy raced to the top for a good couple weeks.

Yes but I must say, these things are electric. Doing this with a turboprop is helluva lot harder.

9 hours ago, Azimech said:

Yes but I must say, these things are electric. Doing this with a turboprop is helluva lot harder.

How come? Is it related to the sheer weight of the turbo prop mechanism and limited thrust?

Two new cars. The first is a space version of my '69 Charger, featuring 4 ion thrusters and two 24-77 rocket engines. Exteriour and interiour are identical to the Kerbin version. The other is a 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback. KSP 1.3, no mods.

12 hours ago, qzgy said:

How come? Is it related to the sheer weight of the turbo prop mechanism and limited thrust?

Yes, also the drag of the jet engines and the amount of fuel & air intakes.

As for the turboprops, I'm sure someone will beat the record over and over, they will say it's not possible, and then someone will beat it.

I made a 1000 ton lifter, I gave up making my 1500 ton, but, sooner or later, I kept trying... and when I did, it became possible!

I believe in the same way that I will keep trying to develop a 2000 ton lifter, you guys will make mach 2 turboprops!