How much will this game be on full release?

LostElement

I personally think it would be better to keep the price as low as possible as I think that will generate more sales and profits in the long run.

Even if we think this game is worth 50 bucks, the new players might be skeptical about such a price point. I think especially those who are not into this type of games will have harder time shelling out the money.

indies cant go too expensive anyways

judging from the average indie price ~$20-30, adding the notation "collab. with NASA" which can go a further ~$5-10, and then being a frequent top seller in steam store, and earning some awards last year....

i think it'll be around $30-40

I think Squad would be able to sell KSP for $40 if they would overhaul the graphics of default parts. TBH, the beautiful new VAB, SPH, R&D... collide with the 'junky' aesthetics of the rocket parts. Even the parts in themselves are not consistent. Just compare the materials bay, science lab and Mk1 cockpit to the 'old oil barrel' design of the 2.5m tanks or the Mk1 capsule. Mods like B9, KW Rocketry, Kethane... are actually more consistent with the aesthetics of the KSC buildings.

wait sorry kinda slow over here but..... when the game is done done (if it gets that far ) do we have to buy it again ??? or is my 21$ payment long ago good enuff to get it ?? (kinda loaded over here lol)

I think it will mate, although I do wonder if content would be released as DLC which us early adopters would be asked to pay for...

Straight from the Terms of service:

By purchasing Kerbal Space Program, you are entitled to the following:

- Access to the software in its current state.

- Access to all updates for the software.

By 'updates' we mean software updates including content, features and bugfixes, released as a new version for the same title, before or after the official ("1.0") release of the software.

If you've purchased KSP before May 1st, 2013, you are entitled to the above, plus any Expansion Packs released for KSP.

By 'Expansion Packs' we mean software released as a separate title, but that requires and ties into the original KSP software to expand the game by adding content, features and bugfixes.

Regardless to what is charged for Version 1.0, keep the junk parts in the game at low Career Mode prices but have available high tech modern looking ones for much higher Career Mode prices.

What will be desired and will probably take place, as the game is polished, will be better graphics for the planets and moons.

Edited by SRV Ron

I don't think KSP will go up to $60 on release.

That being said, even if it does go up to $60, the game would still be considered dirt cheap when you take into account the literal thousands of hours of fun it has given me. It is the only game that I had ever spent so much time on and enjoyed.

The only game to come up second only has a meager 600 hours, and that was from me modding Skyrim.

The average full release game version price has been about $50-60 USD since the 1980s. Why should KSP be any different|?
Because it's an indie, not a triple-A?

I agree. Normal big developer games are getting cheaper (relative to the value of money decreasing) because they are getting bad. KSP isn't bad, it's an indie game. It should cost more like $200 or more at release.

I agree. Normal big developer games are getting cheaper (relative to the value of money decreasing) because they are getting bad. KSP isn't bad, it's an indie game. It should cost more like $200 or more at release.

lAFMoEo.gif

I'd like this game to still remain acquirable by legal means.

I dont think we'll see it go much above 40 or so. 50-60 may be traditional for a AAA game but thats partly due to the huge costs of runing a studio of that size and the overhead of the publishing system. Indie type games tend to run in the 20-30 range with larger ones sometimes being up to 40 but not much higher. I definatly think KSP warrants the 40 or even more but I dont think its likely to go higher than 40.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.