thing that took me the longest to master was.....

Dimetime35c

The thing that gave me the most trouble was orbital rendezvous, followed closely by spaceplanes.. I'm having to rehone my skills after deciding to go back mod free. (I was using MJ as a time saver, but now I have more time!)

the thing im still learning is how to return from the surface from another planet. not a moon. that being said i havent tried a whole lot. but when the new .24 comes out im going to stop deleting my saves and keep at it until ive done everything.

Orbital rendezvous. Docking wasn't too hard, but figuring out how to get two ships to the same place at the same time had me tearing my hair out in frustration.

This was probably the hardest also. Once I figured out how to use the nav ball though it became a breeze.

Orbital rendezvous. Docking wasn't too hard, but figuring out how to get two ships to the same place at the same time had me tearing my hair out in frustration.

Yeah that was the hardest. Taught me how to use the navball, and now its second nature.

3.: Performing a landing in a world without atmosphere. Mün, I'm looking at you.

2.: Performing a precision landing in a world with an atmosphere. Laythe, I'm looking at you.

1.: Orbital Rendezvous. :mad:

Like Mitchz said, docking isn't that hard, it's rendezvous that's the pain for me.

How to Laythe...

DR is a complete jerk.

Uh... who is DR?

Landing on Tylo as I have not done it manualy, even mechjeb hate that place.

Yes we all look forward to Tylo surface look more like Mun :) Eve is an very nice and forgiving place compared to Tylo, warm weather and nice beaches.

Has done pretty much everything, "landed" on Jool and getting out again stock+ mechjeb, grand tour 666 ton from pad, 99 ton from LKO, same rules.

Tylo is the only place I have not landed manual on, has done pretty accurate as in +-500 meter manual landings on Eve and Laythe with mechjeb indicator, benefit of not letting mechjeb do the landing is that it waste dV doing an pretty sharp burn to get down to +-150 meter, the 300 m/s saved it often very nice trying to get up again :)

This was probably the hardest also. Once I figured out how to use the nav ball though it became a breeze.

When scott manly mentioned in a video that you need to visualize your heading pulling the prograde vector or pushing the retrograde vector to line them up with the target everything clicked. I mastered manuver nodes to get close but the last kilometer or so was still point at target, burn, stop, repeat till I got withen docking range till then. Helped alot with precision vacume landings as well (asumeing theres something to target at the landing site)

Landing an astronaut on Tylo and getting them back into orbit. Never mind back to Kerbin. Either the published DV numbers for Tylo are totally off, like by 100%, or I am doing something very wrong. I've been to every other planetary body and returned Kerbals from every one except Eve, and Tylo is very difficult.

For me it was rendezvous. I taught myself by placing a docking target ship in orbit and just having at it over and over again... I watched how MechJeb did it, I watched how Scott Manley did it, and eventually it just clicked. Now its one of the things I do best. And since I mastered that, I was able to throw away the mechjeb forever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.