DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

Hrmm, seeing as how I've got a bit of time off I'll look into why DMP refuses to run on windows 32 bit, I believe rockytv's playing around with the new graphical system backfired - there's something different between 32bit and 64bit KSP.

@moritz31 DMP is built on linux with mono (edit, run with mono DMPServer.exe), it's just nice that it works on windows too. Another recommendation I have is running it inside of 'screen' (or tmux if you're one of those heathens) so you don't have to have a console constantly open.

Odd's are I'll also do some yak shaving and fix a few other things around the place as well :P

Edited by godarklight

On 25/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, godarklight said:

Hrmm, seeing as how I've got a bit of time off I'll look into why DMP refuses to run on windows 32 bit, I believe rockytv's playing around with the new graphical system backfired - there's something different between 32bit and 64bit KSP.

@moritz31 DMP is built on linux with mono (edit, run with mono DMPServer.exe), it's just nice that it works on windows too. Another recommendation I have is running it inside of 'screen' (or tmux if you're one of those heathens) so you don't have to have a console constantly open.

Odd's are I'll also do some yak shaving and fix a few other things around the place as well :P

Looking forward tolearning about what "the few things" are. :-)

I host a private server for my friends but they're always cheating.  Is it possible to ban every single mod except Dark Multiplayer.  Also they can still use the mod+f12 menu, I have cheats disabled.  But I can't just figure it out.

8 hours ago, Tomstah said:

I host a private server for my friends but they're always cheating.  Is it possible to ban every single mod except Dark Multiplayer.  Also they can still use the mod+f12 menu, I have cheats disabled.  But I can't just figure it out.

Can't check how it went but you should be able to whitelist what mods are allowed. Don't remember if this prevented player logging in if they have mods that are not in the list or did it just prevent launching vessels.

There was a way to generate the list of mods in game somehow... A bit vague help but maybe you'll manage :)

Other way would be to get friends who don't cheat :wink: 

Edited by Varsi

12 hours ago, Varsi said:

Can't check how it went but you should be able to whitelist what mods are allowed. Don't remember if this prevented player logging in if they have mods that are not in the list or did it just prevent launching vessels.

There was a way to generate the list of mods in game somehow... A bit vague help but maybe you'll manage :)

Other way would be to get friends who don't cheat :wink: 

Alrighty, I was looking in the settings and I couldn't find how to blacklist all mods from joining.  I already made it so you can't launch with a modded item.  But my friends are using other stuff.  Like Vessel Mover.  And they can exploit that cause it adds scripts, not parts.  Also they can still manipulate vanilla/stock cheats.   Mod+F12 is still BUILT into the game, and they're abusing that too.

Spoiler

[19:53:24][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Kevin Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:25][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Donbles Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:26][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Urtrice Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:26][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Rongar Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:26][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Geofsby Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:26][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Tanbella Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:29][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Thomdock Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:29][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Samnand Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:29][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Patris Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Leasan Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Karrys Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Adgun Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Geofdun Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Mitgard Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Frogel Kerman from A monkey guy

Also another problem is this ^.  Someone spammed accept and decline a contract and they had enough money to spam it.  It crashed the server for everyone for a bit.  A slight delay between accept/decline would probably fix it.

8 hours ago, Tomstah said:
  Reveal hidden contents

[19:53:24][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Kevin Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:25][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Donbles Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:26][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Urtrice Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:26][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Rongar Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:26][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Geofsby Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:26][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Tanbella Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:29][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Thomdock Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:29][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Samnand Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:29][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Patris Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Leasan Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Karrys Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Adgun Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Geofdun Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Mitgard Kerman from A monkey guy
[19:53:31][DEBUG] : Removing kerbal Frogel Kerman from A monkey guy

Also another problem is this ^.  Someone spammed accept and decline a contract and they had enough money to spam it.  It crashed the server for everyone for a bit.  A slight delay between accept/decline would probably fix it.

You seriously need friends who agree not to do this stuff :)

KSP was never designed to prevent cheating.

I think it's again just because your friends. Tell them to not spam. There is no way to stop spam in the console except editing console mode from debug. But that still won't fix user generated spam.

Still I have been searching for a while for a friend who plays KSP with multiplayer. If you want some non cheating and non spamming friend. Write me PM. :wink:

Ave! Toonu

19 hours ago, Varsi said:

You seriously need friends who agree not to do this stuff :)

KSP was never designed to prevent cheating.

Lmfao tell me about it.  I always tell them not too.  But, "It's too hard."  I've been researching to see if I can delete the programming that the cheats run, but so far no luck.

Hi guys! 

First thing first, thank you for this awesome mod and the real work provided to update and patch everything. 

I am facing a connection problem with DMP, here are the facts :

My father opened a server on desktop, and we are both playing on different laptops. 

We both opened the 6702 port (and set static ip for each physic address obviously) and we shut our multiple firewalls. 

My father gave me the server name with the public address (and not the private one). 

At home, where the server is, we are able to join using the private address, but in my flat (distant access) , we can't access to the server, whatever we do. 

Of course, the server is running. 

It gives us the error message "didn't answer at time.." 

We are able to join other servers but not this one. 

We expect a setting error in the server settings or in the local router, but have no idea of what it could be. 

Any idea? :)

Edited by Spartan Aerospace

22 minutes ago, Spartan Aerospace said:

Hi guys! 

First thing first, thank you for this awesome mod and the real work provided to update and patch everything. 

I am facing a connection problem with DMP, here are the facts :

My father opened a server on desktop, and we are both playing on different laptops. 

We both opened the 6702 port (and set static ip for each physic address obviously) and we shut our multiple firewalls. 

My father gave me the server name with the public address (and not the private one). 

At home, where the server is, we are able to join using the private address, but in my flat (distant access) , we can't access to the server, whatever we do. 

Of course, the server is running. 

It gives us the error message "didn't answer at time.." 

We are able to join other servers but not this one. 

We expect a setting error in the server settings or in the local router, but have no idea of what it could be. 

Any idea? :)

Just to double check. Did you do a port forwarding on each router, opening the port and forwarding it to the  local LAN IP? 

• 2 weeks later...

I got hit directly by severe tropical cyclone debbie, so I probably won't have power for a week, which means godarklight.info.tm (my home build server and secondary server list) will be down until that's back on.

No damage to us, but there's a lot of mess to clean up :P

• 2 weeks later...

I love DMP, It's probably one of, if not, my favorite mod! but right now I'm having a problem with the "partPressureFail" option in "GameplaySettings.txt" on my server; I want Kerbal G-Force Limits enabled (GKerbalLimits) but not Part G-force or pressure limits (GPartLimits & PressurePartLimits). Unfortunately partPressureFail controls all of these setting at once so I can't have kerbals go unconscious without the vessel becoming a fireball.

I got hit directly by severe tropical cyclone debbie

That sounds terrible btw, you have my commiserations and no rush at all, I just wanted to let you know for when you're back. (I have no idea how long that will actually be though; I live in Britain and have no experience of these things.)

I've got a problem when I installed mods in the server. Before installing mods it worked fine. How do I fix this?

[10:50:50][DEBUG] : Loading settings...
[10:50:50][DEBUG] : System.IO compression works: True, test time: 112 ms.
[10:50:50][DEBUG] : Loading plugins!
[10:50:56][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll
[10:50:57][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\000_USITools\MiniAVC.dll
[10:50:57][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\000_USITools\USITools.dll
[10:50:57][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\B9PartSwitch\Plugins\B9PartSwitch.dll
[10:50:57][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\BDArmory\Plugins\BahaTurret.dll
[10:50:57][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\BetterBurnTime\BetterBurnTime.dll
[10:50:57][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\CactEye\MiniAVC.dll
[10:50:57][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\CactEye\Plugins\CactEye2.dll
[10:50:57][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\CommunityCategoryKit\CCK (2).dll
[10:50:58][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\CommunityCategoryKit\CCK.dll
[10:50:58][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\DarkMultiPlayer\Plugins\DarkMultiPlayer-Common.dll
[10:50:58][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\DarkMultiPlayer\Plugins\DarkMultiPlayer.dll
[10:50:58][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\DarkMultiPlayer\Plugins\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
[10:50:58][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\DarkMultiPlayer\Plugins\MessageWriter2.dll
[10:50:58][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\DMagicOrbitalScience\Plugins\DMagic.dll
[10:50:58][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\Plugins\Launchpad.dll
[10:50:58][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\FShangarExtender\FShangarExtender.dll
[10:50:59][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\HPTechTree\MiniAVC.dll
[10:50:59][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\InterstellarMassAccelerator\Plugin\InterstellarAccelerator.dll
[10:50:59][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KAS\Plugins\KAS.dll
[10:50:59][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KAS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll
[10:50:59][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.dll
[10:50:59][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.Unity.dll
[10:50:59][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KerbalEngineer\MiniAVC.dll
[10:50:59][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KerbalJointReinforcement\Plugin\KerbalJointReinforcement.dll
[10:51:00][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll
[10:51:00][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KIS\Plugins\KSPDev_Utils.0.20.0.dll
[10:51:00][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KIS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll
[10:51:00][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\Kopernicus\Plugins\Kopernicus.Components.dll
[10:51:00][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\Kopernicus\Plugins\Kopernicus.dll
[10:51:00][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\Kopernicus\Plugins\Kopernicus.OnDemand.dll
[10:51:00][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\Kopernicus\Plugins\Kopernicus.Parser.dll
[10:51:00][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KSPWheel\Plugin\KSPWheel.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\KWRocketry\GameData\KWRocketry\MiniAVC.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins\InfernalRobotics.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins\Scale_Redist.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\ModularFlightIntegrator\ModularFlightIntegrator.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\NearFutureElectrical\Plugins\NearFutureElectrical.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\NearFutureElectrical\Versioning\MiniAVC.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\NearFuturePropulsion\Plugins\NearFuturePropulsion.dll
[10:51:01][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\NearFuturePropulsion\Versioning\MiniAVC.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\NearFutureSpacecraft\Versioning\MiniAVC.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\PhysicsRangeExtender\Plugins\PhysicsRangeExtender.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\PlanetaryBaseInc\BaseSystem\Plugins\PlanetarySurfaceStructures.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\PreciseNode\plugins\MiniAVC.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\PreciseNode\plugins\PreciseNode.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\SCANsat\Plugins\SCANsat.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\StationPartsExpansion\Versioning\MiniAVC.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\TimeControl\MiniAVC.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\TimeControl\TimeControl.dll
[10:51:02][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock\KerbalAlarmClock.dll
[10:51:03][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\TweakScale\plugins\Scale.dll
[10:51:03][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\TweakScale\plugins\Scale_Redist.dll
[10:51:03][DEBUG] : Loaded D:\DarkMP server\Plugins\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Konstruction\Konstruction.dll
[10:51:03][FATAL] : Error in main server thread, Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))
File name: 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DarkMultiPlayerServer.DMPPluginHandler.CurrentDomain_AssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)
   at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes()
   at DarkMultiPlayerServer.DMPPluginHandler.LoadPlugins()
   at DarkMultiPlayerServer.Server.Main()

also, is it possible to remove the parts whitelist, so I don't need to add the parts to the whitelist, because I want to play with my friend freely without any part limitations.

Edited by ajud

I finally have power back :D

@Planetworks I think RockyTV plays with the career mode thing more than I do, but I'll take a poke at it, and add it to my "check DMP button" that's in the debug builds to see if I have to do anything during updates.

@ajud On the modded client, go to options -> generate blacklist DMPModControl.txt and move it to the server. The server doesn't actually load mods (although it has a plugin system for the public server list and random things like that), it just tells the clients they are ok to use.