- Bastille - Pompeii

- MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - CAN'T HOLD US FEAT. RAY DALTON

- MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - THRIFT SHOP FEAT. WANZ

- Clean Bandit - Rather Be ft. Jess Glynne

- Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child ft. John Martin

- Zedd - Clarity ft. Foxes

- The Script - Hall of Fame ft. will.i.am

- MAGIC! - Rude

Currently writing a new song for my band, so I decided to take a break and listen to some good ol' Avenged Sevenfold. http://k26.kn3.net/12253AD9D.gif

What kind of music do you play astropapi1?

Do you play an instrument?

What's the name of your band?

Lol, sorry, I'm really nosey

I'd love to hear some if you have anything recorded.

What kind of music do you play astropapi1?

Do you play an instrument?

What's the name of your band?

Lol, sorry, I'm really nosey

I'd love to hear some if you have anything recorded.

In the band we play (light) metal, rock, some reggae, and some other genres. So far, we've got two guitars, one bass, a drumset, and a vocal lead (me!). Since we've been playing together for a little over a year, there's not much sense in doing any professional recordings. Most of our concerts have been on local rock festivals or small events (like playing for our schools or on charity stuff).

My history is completely different, though. I learned to play the piano with my mom when I was 5, and at 7 I started to learn violin with my dad. Now I'm 16 years old, and I guess it's pretty safe to say I play better than the average college graduate. I'm the concertmaster (look it up. :D) of two symphony orchestras, the director of a chamber orchestra, and the principal second violin of another. I've also done some barbershop stuff with my dad and used to sing at his choir.

Yeah, let's just say I'm a classical musician. :P I could get a college degree in like two semesters (for theory stuff), but I don't really think it's worth it, and Aerospace Engineering is mah jam, u kno wat Im sayin'?

Funny thing is that I had never sang (sung? english is weird) rock before entering this band. I joined them because they had lost their only singer and needed a temporal replacement for a concert. After that concert, we decided to stick together and we've made some sick progress since.

Damn, I can really get carried away when I'm writing about something I'm passionate about. Sorry for the huge wall of text. Thanks for asking, though!

Oh, and we still don't have a name for the band. We don't want to choose something rather poor and get all carried away making logos and all that stuff, you know? It'll come with time. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to keep with the spirif of the thread, here's something I'm supposed to play next year:

Edited by astropapi1

i do love and appreciate that vectorial drawing musical approach especially for bug hunting and qa ;)

@papi i use to play this sometime or tweeting the old way: mouth an instrument also at it's simpliest, xx% stockish as allways xD

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

In the band we play (light) metal, rock, some reggae, and some other genres. So far, we've got two guitars, one bass, a drumset, and a vocal lead (me!). Since we've been playing together for a little over a year, there's not much sense in doing any professional recordings. Most of our concerts have been on local rock festivals or small events (like playing for our schools or on charity stuff).

My history is completely different, though. I learned to play the piano with my mom when I was 5, and at 7 I started to learn violin with my dad. Now I'm 16 years old, and I guess it's pretty safe to say I play better than the average college graduate. I'm the concertmaster (look it up. :D) of two symphony orchestras, the director of a chamber orchestra, and the principal second violin of another. I've also done some barbershop stuff with my dad and used to sing at his choir.

Yeah, let's just say I'm a classical musician. :P I could get a college degree in like two semesters (for theory stuff), but I don't really think it's worth it, and Aerospace Engineering is mah jam, u kno wat Im sayin'?

Funny thing is that I had never sang (sung? english is weird) rock before entering this band. I joined them because they had lost their only singer and needed a temporal replacement for a concert. After that concert, we decided to stick together and we've made some sick progress since.

Damn, I can really get carried away when I'm writing about something I'm passionate about. Sorry for the huge wall of text. Thanks for asking, though!

Oh, and we still don't have a name for the band. We don't want to choose something rather poor and get all carried away making logos and all that stuff, you know? It'll come with time. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to keep with the spirif of the thread, here's something I'm supposed to play next year:

Wow! You're 16 and concertmaster of 2 symphonies AND a director of a chamber orchestra AND lead singer in a band!

You are more than just talented, you're a musical genius!

Amazing!

You have a bright future in music if the Aerospace thing doesn't work out, although if that's your dream then I'm sure you will make it happen.

Aerospace was what I wanted to get into too, I applied for an apprenticeship with the UK Ministry of Defense in Aerospace but there weren't enough places so I got my second choice (Electronics)

Don't apologise Astropapi1, I found that fascinating and quite inspirational.

Wow! You're 16 and concertmaster of 2 symphonies AND a director of a chamber orchestra AND lead singer in a band!

You are more than just talented, you're a musical genius!

Amazing!

You have a bright future in music if the Aerospace thing doesn't work out, although if that's your dream then I'm sure you will make it happen.

Aerospace was what I wanted to get into too, I applied for an apprenticeship with the UK Ministry of Defense in Aerospace but there weren't enough places so I got my second choice (Electronics)

Don't apologise Astropapi1, I found that fascinating and quite inspirational.

Wow, I honestly don't know what to say. Maybe it's because it's 4AM and I'm on a crazy speedrun of power metal and classical music while writing lyrics and drafting the base for a Sci-Fi book I want to write next year, but you just made me slow down for a second and gave a funny feeling on my throat. I don't think I've ever been told something like that before... thanks dude, that really means a lot. :)

Maybe it's because it's 4AM

Oh no, not this "i need to remind sleep was once a friend" club xD bah it happen all time, until you don't start to loose apetit everithing will be fine xD (3.0 test pilot reporting for duty and only five for real easy, &abondonned, pun xD)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Oh no' date=' not this "i need to remind sleep was once a friend" club xD bah it happen all time, until you don't start to loose apetit everithing will be fine xD[/quote']

Worst of all: I'll have to wake up in like four hours and a half and act like I wasn't sitting here on my room at 4AM with my headphones on while writing on two notebooks at the same time and talking with you guys. *sigh*

On top of that, I've got a rehearsal with the band on the afternoon and I completely screwed up my voice because I thought it would be a good idea to sing Nirvana and Metallica songs on Karaoke with my very-soon-to-be-girlfriend. :(

And since we're highjacking the thread, here's a song that inspired the name of SpaceX's manned spacecraft, "Puff the magic dragon"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC2tlNmz4ao

Wow, I honestly don't know what to say. Maybe it's because it's 4AM and I'm on a crazy speedrun of power metal and classical music while writing lyrics and drafting the base for a Sci-Fi book I want to write next year, but you just made me slow down for a second and gave a funny feeling on my throat. I don't think I've ever been told something like that before... thanks dude, that really means a lot. :)

:) now I'm feeling quite emotional too

*group hug* :blush:

my very-soon-to-be-girlfriend.

On the other hand this ^ is a little worrying

does she know yet?

please tell me drugs aren't involved :D

On the other hand this ^ is a little worrying

does she know yet?

please tell me drugs aren't involved :D

Oh, believe me, she knows. We've been quite direct since we first met. You know, not like saying it, but we both know we're into each other. She's a cool girl too!

Yeaaaah, the KSP forum isn't the best place to discuss teenage love, I think. We don't want little kids overthinking our comments while doing some "scientific research". :P

Also, here's one of my favorite songs, "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". The movie was innacurate as hell, but boy did I like the music!

Oh, believe me, she knows. We've been quite direct since we first met. You know, not like saying it, but we both know we're into each other. She's a cool girl too!

Yeaaaah, the KSP forum isn't the best place to discuss teenage love, I think. We don't want little kids overthinking our comments while doing some "scientific research". :P

Also, here's one of my favorite songs, "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". The movie was innacurate as hell, but boy did I like the music!

Good point :)

As I've posted lots of drum and bass so far it seems that I should post something different for the sake of variety

a classic oldie

Edited by MartGonzo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.