The Official Kerbin Cup Tournament Thread - Final Entries Posted

Rowsdower

I can honestly say I have no idea how assembly will even be possible... trusting in my team on this one.

I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you...

Honestly though I plan on assembling it to show I can and then rebuilding it without docking ports to reduce lagggggg..g.g.g.gg

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I've never heard of docking ports causing lag. O_o

Well it's the physics loading at 200m that causes the lag which is probably from all the docking ports BUT because they are rubbing the ground. So the lag might go away when in orbit idk.

it only took my 9 hours to dock 2 of the 4 docking ports of 2 legs. Now I can't quicksave or quickload because everything glitches and explodes.

HEHEHEHEHE

I really really really want to see how people do it, and pls not just screen before assembly, screen post assembly :P

I PM'd Rowsdower asking if I can post how I launched. I recorded it and I'll post it if allowed. I glitched out too though so I'm just going to redesign D: It'll look exactly the same... mostly...

EDIT: No I cannot share how I launched. Good luck guys *evil laugh*

Edited by Avera9eJoe

For the curious, these are the current place value totals (lower is better):

Crotchety Old Modders: 3

Team Jedi: 4

I Think We Broke It: 5

Kerb-O-Nautix: 2

Shock Diamond: 4

Team clown_baby: 6

No eliminations this week. Crotchety Old Modders and Kerb-O-Nautix will instead start with 25 extra points for the next challenge.

How does this work? How are "points" obtained? Does this mean that, for example, Kerb-O-Nautix could be eliminated despite having placed first twice in a row? I'm hoping that success in the second challenge will count for something substantial. (It's not easy for a team of modders to survive a stock challenge!)

The current challenge is now double elimination, so it's 1st or nothing!

I'm not sure you're using that term correctly.

Yeah, let's be clear: Is not that we can't find a way to move those parts, there are dozens of ways to do it and dozens of mods to help out if you want to use them... but up until now the biggest challenge we have faced in our team is corrupted savegames, glitches destroying hours of work and random Kraken attacks.

This has not been a challenge to "do it the best way", it has been a challenge to "discover how the game won't let you do that because it breaks". Even stock ;.;

It's a fun challenge, I like it a freaking lot, its inspired and very clever. Love it. But this is a monthly challenge, not a "do it in a week" one. Heck, only piecing this thing together without the "go on a sightseeing tour" is extremelly hard.

My two cents: The only way to do this properly on a week (and please do prove me wrong) is going to the config file and purge the bugs by hand. Point to the modders.

Edited by Wooks

Well I got a leg to space does that count? o-O

The rules say you have to assemble it then launch it, so our team talked about perhaps assembling stuff in space, but we're hoping we can build it on the ground first before having to resort to that as a last option.

The good thing about mods is that they allow you to do things you can't do in stock, but the bad thing is they can result in bugs and glitches.

I have built another Arkingthaad Tower Lander. I used some new parts. It is HERE for your use. Your challenge is to take it to orbit (I tested it myself, it is SSTO compliant, but will need refueling before going elsewhere). Once in orbit, go on a sightseeing tour...No hyperedit, please...

Didn't specify where to build it. "Take it to orbit" isn't necessarily in one piece. Though I can say that the leg I launched did glitch and break the save in orbit (It did the glitch where the starting piece freezes when time warping).

It broke my .23 career save too when I redesigned my own ship with comparable size and the same leg configuration but it had the same glitch ;.;. Fun tho! I didn't need that save anymore and that's a fun way to put it to peace :).

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Didn't specify where to build it. "Take it to orbit" isn't necessarily in one piece. Though I can say that the leg I launched did glitch and break the save in orbit (It did the glitch where the starting piece freezes when time warping).

It broke my .23 career save too when I redesigned my own ship with comparable size and the same leg configuration but it had the same glitch ;.;. Fun tho! I didn't need that save anymore and that's a fun way to put it to peace :).

Well, that save had a viking funeral of sorts then.

This challenge should be renamed "Community vs. Bugs - The Reckoning".

The rules say you have to assemble it then launch it, so our team talked about perhaps assembling stuff in space, but we're hoping we can build it on the ground first before having to resort to that as a last option.

The good thing about mods is that they allow you to do things you can't do in stock, but the bad thing is they can result in bugs and glitches.

Assemble it in space, land it on Kerbin and lauch for the first time. :wink:

Yes, it's hard. Yes, you stumble on bugs every step of the way.

But I'm having a blast assembling this using stock only. It'll probably take another day to get it fully assembled and ready to launch, mostly because the number of parts of the rocket + assembly equipment means I'm running on slow motion all the way through.

I'm OK with the deadline as-is, but I'm not opposed to an extension, considering we have the 4th coming up and all that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.