[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

Hmm. With TAC 0.9 #3 and the latest one of these, when I inflate it, the FOOD resource shows up as having 0 food. Any ideas?

Yes. By design. You can go 30 days without food, and a DERP only keeps you alive for 15 days.

Ah, makes sense. Could the food resource be removed or hidden? Or did you want it so food could be transferred to it?

It's more a holdover from when TAC aggressively added stuff to command pods ;)

̶w̶̶h̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶-̶c̶̶l̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶e̶̶r̶̶p̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶h̶̶o̶̶s̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶t̶̶w̶̶e̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶n̶̶n̶̶e̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶f̶̶l̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶k̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶u̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶r̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶u̶̶i̶̶l̶̶t̶-̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶n̶̶g̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶n̶̶d̶̶e̶̶d̶̶?̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶g̶̶r̶̶o̶̶u̶̶p̶̶s̶̶.̶

Nevermind, I'm an Idiot.

Edited by Xeno87
I'm sleepy

I am about to go to bed, but I wanted to let you know it seems you have your crash tolerance to high as I was able to land without activating my parachute into water without being destroyed, unless you want it to be possible to land without a chute :). I am sleepy so maybe I missed something but I didn't activate the chute so unless you somehow programmed it to auto-chute it landed fine in water at several hundred m/s I imagine. Maybe take a look and see if I am not mistaken.

Hiya!

I love the mod, the aesthetics are incredible. I'm playing with it, and almost everything works - but when I try to use the "evacuate" option assigned via action group, nothing happens. I also get an error referencing "ProtoCrewMember.rosterStatus" not being defined in the debug log whenever I try to trigger the action group with "evacuate" in it. :<

I am about to go to bed, but I wanted to let you know it seems you have your crash tolerance to high as I was able to land without activating my parachute into water without being destroyed, unless you want it to be possible to land without a chute :). I am sleepy so maybe I missed something but I didn't activate the chute so unless you somehow programmed it to auto-chute it landed fine in water at several hundred m/s I imagine. Maybe take a look and see if I am not mistaken.

You were lucky ;) Crash tolerance is 45m/s (comparable to some stock pods).

Hiya!

I love the mod, the aesthetics are incredible. I'm playing with it, and almost everything works - but when I try to use the "evacuate" option assigned via action group, nothing happens. I also get an error referencing "ProtoCrewMember.rosterStatus" not being defined in the debug log whenever I try to trigger the action group with "evacuate" in it. :<

Turned off I believe, need to dig back in, there was probably a reason ;)

This will get another refresh since I need to add in the HERP, and bundle all of this stuff into a single project/parts pack

Did I mention that you saved my space agency's reputation in my new save? Yep, you did. Was able to recover Jeb rather than watch him die... THANK YOU UMBRA SPACE INDUSTRIES! ;)

Anytime :D It's pretty sweet how these played into the rescue contracts in 0.24 as well

Hello RoverDude,

Thanks for yet another fun mod. There is however a small typo in the zip file. You are using Gamedata instead of GameData as the base pad. This is not a big problem, but us linux users have these silly case sensitive paths and will therefor need to move the mod to its proper place :)

Hello RoverDude,

Thanks for yet another fun mod. There is however a small typo in the zip file. You are using Gamedata instead of GameData as the base pad. This is not a big problem, but us linux users have these silly case sensitive paths and will therefor need to move the mod to its proper place :)

Let me see what I can do about that

As with MKS, another great mod!

I seem to be having an issue with the life pod though. When it inflates, it doesn't have any food, and can't get any for some reason. Not a huge deal at the moment, as all I'm using it for is rescuing star-born kerbals from orbit, but I figured it needed mentioning.

As with MKS, another great mod!

I seem to be having an issue with the life pod though. When it inflates, it doesn't have any food, and can't get any for some reason. Not a huge deal at the moment, as all I'm using it for is rescuing star-born kerbals from orbit, but I figured it needed mentioning.

Pretty sure that's intentional. I've edited the LS resources on my own save to fit my own needs so I can't check, but I believe it comes set up with the bare minimum to survive for 15 days. So that's no food, and however much water and oxygen is needed to survive for 15 days minus the time a Kerbal can go without those resources.

It seems I can't put any kerbals in DERP pod and evacuate action don't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Managed to put kerbal in it, but right after that lost control of it. Evacuate action still don't do anything.

Edited by Net-burst