[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

Regarding Tritium concentrations,  I have a very hard time getting good numbers, I know that before 1950 tritium in Europe usually have concentrations of 5 x 10-18 And it isn't exactly found free in the atmosphere as it binds with water and gets in the sea where it diluted to infinity. The highest concentration of tritium can be found in the rain water in the top soil at 4m depth with a concentration as high as 50 x 10-18. My conclusion therefore for now is that natural occurring collecting Tritium in the environment is simply infeasible by any stretch of the imagination. It more than a million times more practical to collect helium3 from earth atmosphere and convert it into Tritium by neutron capture, than to collect it and this is already a ridiculous idea

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@FreeThinker Sorry. When Roverdude answered my first question and explained things, he didn't say what the unit of measurement was for the altitude and range so I assumed the unit was also percentage-like; percentage of SOI even.

Well in that context your remarks makes more sense. Still it would be realy useful if the unit of measurement was made more clear.

@FreeThinker- looks good. I think I have to test all of these ingame before suggesting anything different, so let's go ahead with these for now.

ArgonGas draft:

//
//	Community Resource Pack
//	Resource:
//
//Resource types:  
//	0 = Crustal			(Stuff you dig up)
//	1 = Oceanic			(Stuff in the oceans)
//	2 = Atmospheric		(Stuff in the air, varies with pressure)
//	3 = Interplanetary	(Stuff you find between planets)
//
//Express all numbers as percentages 0.0-100.0, not 0.0-1.0!
//
GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = ArgonGas
	ResourceType = 2

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 85
		MinAbundance = .001
		MaxAbundance = 1
		Variance = 5
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = ArgonGas
	ResourceType = 2
	PlanetName = Kerbin

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 100
		MinAbundance = 0.01
		MaxAbundance = 0.1
		Variance = 5
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = ArgonGas
	ResourceType = 2
	PlanetName = Duna

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 100
		MinAbundance = 0.001
		MaxAbundance = 0.01
		Variance = 5
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = ArgonGas
	ResourceType = 2
	PlanetName = Jool

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 100
		MinAbundance = 0.005
		MaxAbundance = 1
		Variance = 5
	}
}

XenonGas

GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 2

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 50
		MinAbundance = 0.00000005
		MaxAbundance = 0.0000005
		Variance = 5
	}
}
GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 1

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 50
		MinAbundance = .0001
		MaxAbundance = 0.01
		Variance = 50
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 2
	PlanetName = Kerbin

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 100
		MinAbundance = 0.00000009
		MaxAbundance = 0.0000002
		Variance = 5
	}
}

I'm not sure really how the space distribution works. Looking at the values for karbonite, it looks like it can't be KM. @RoverDude, mind clarifying?

Edited by Nertea

53 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@Nertea  XenonGas in the Ocean? Realy? At best you might find it in relatively high concentration in rare locations in the crust, but in the Ocean you can pretty much forget about. It also doesn't bind with anything in nature, it is simply not there.

That seems uncalled for. 

NEW VERSION FOR KSP 1.2 IS UP!

Also - if you want to grab the entire USI Constellation in a single zip... head over here:  https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases/

0.6.0 - (KSP 1.2)
-------------------
Added ARP icon data for RealFuels
Added/Updated distribution data for:
- Antimatter
- Helium3
- ArgonGas
- XenonGas
- LqdHydrogen
Added several new resources, including:
- HeavyWater
- Deuternium
- Helium4
- Silicates
- Borate
- ColonySupplies
- RefinedExotics

18 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I'm 80% sure it is, but better to just test it yourself (i.e. I assume you would test any bands, etc. before putting them in as a pull request).

Well instead of finding out by trial and error (which is time consuming), I was kind of waiting for conformation from you. I guess we have to fix it for next patc, along with any other fixes.

At least we now got something we can build on further.

Edited by FreeThinker

25 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Well instead of finding out by trial and error (which is time consuming), I was kind of waiting for conformation from you. I guess we have to fix it for next patc, along with any other fixes.

I wouldn't worry about this too much - it was very likely that all of the numbers were going to be subject to playtesting to a high degree. An initial pass can't be expected to work 100%.

26 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

..and you do realize I am (a) incredibly busy, and (b) it gives you incentive to actually test out your patch vs. sending me a bum file.

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Well I was bussy too.

On a side note, I notice resource have a new property called abbreviation. The might be useful in places where the Full name is too long. I wonder how it is used by KSP

(a) but I am not the one looking to add new configs, and they are none of my concern.  While I am happy to help when I can, please respect that I have very limited time.

(b) it is the abbreviation used on the KerbNet icon.

Flickering Engineer's Report and Contracts in VAB

Something strange goes on in my game...

I started a career game with some mods installed and at some point the Engineer's Report and Contracts as well as the App Launcher buttons getting flickering and unreadable in the VAB.

This was not right away but after doing some contracts.

So I deinstalled all mods and at the end there was only CommunityResourcePack (0.6.0.0) left.
After all I pinned it down to one file: CommonResources.cfg

Screenshots:

OmivqJV.png

JCN8Fql.png

output_log.txt

https://mega.nz/#!Ot8DWCoS!SRt2k-AaILPv0N7xxKoGycd6MoaipAn5Zcv_ibnski4

Opend issue #121 in github.

Edited by Kolago

Altitude has continued to prove reliable as a percentage of the SOI for me (with 0~1 as acceptable values) but Range continues to be confounding. It seems best to also use 0~1 as values for Range. :rolleyes: For my intents I'm content to use only abundance and altitude to give variety to exo-resource distribution, and set both Range parameters to 1.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, Kolago said:

Flickering Engineer's Report and Contracts in VAB

Something strange goes on in my game...

I started a career game with some mods installed and at some point the Engineer's Report and Contracts as well as the App Launcher buttons getting flickering and unreadable in the VAB.

This was not right away but after doing some contracts.

So I deinstalled all mods and at the end there was only CommunityResourcePack (0.6.0.0) left.
After all I pinned it down to one file: CommonResources.cfg

Screenshots:

output_log.txt

https://mega.nz/#!Ot8DWCoS!SRt2k-AaILPv0N7xxKoGycd6MoaipAn5Zcv_ibnski4

Opend issue #121 in github.

I'm seeing the same in my game too, not sure if it's related to this mod though. I've tried installing different combinations of mods in different orders, and it seems to happen every time the part count gets to high, related to the part UI flickering issue here:

Edited by h_m_murdochuk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.