Falling kerbounats on Mun, possible suit depressurization

My kerball falls and really often on Mun, i know that real astronauts also falling on Moon like this one :D

It's good that nothing happened to this astronaut, but tragedy can happen.

So i just wondering does will SQUAD add REALISTIC depressurization in space animation :D

Um. I don't think we want realistic kerbal death animations (at least I don't). The sad little gray poof is pretty euphemistic, but given what I occasionally accidentally put my kerbs through in the course of my space program, I don't think I want to see any kind of realistic injuries on them. That would detract from the humor of the game rather significantly, to say the least. :sealed:

What do you mean by realistic depressurisation? Because the exploding in vacuum thing is science-fiction and unreal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_exposure#In_science_fiction

I was assuming the OP meant having the suit visibly collapse around the kerbal and have the model stop reacting to player input. Dead bodies could be an interesting addition to the game, but I'm not so sure I'd actually want to see it.

I was assuming the OP meant having the suit visibly collapse around the kerbal and have the model stop reacting to player input. Dead bodies could be an interesting addition to the game, but I'm not so sure I'd actually want to see it.

I agree - dead bodies would be a grim addition - I just wanted to point out that the "general" idea of "real" is actually not (and exploding kerbals wouldn't be much better, anyway)

I agree - dead bodies would be a grim addition - I just wanted to point out that the "general" idea of "real" is actually not (and exploding kerbals wouldn't be much better, anyway)

Ehh... they do explode. Oh, they definitely do.

Um. I don't think we want realistic kerbal death animations (at least I don't). The sad little gray poof is pretty euphemistic, but given what I occasionally accidentally put my kerbs through in the course of my space program, I don't think I want to see any kind of realistic injuries on them. That would detract from the humor of the game rather significantly, to say the least. :sealed:

There are other comical ways to present death though.

I for one always would've liked for a "Wile. E. Coyote" style crater to be left behind after a Kerbal hit the ground too hard. Perhaps in the exact shape of the Kerbal?

Edited by vger

Related has anybody else had kerbals become debris, they stand upright and don't react to controls, in map mode they disapear from the eva tab and is listed under debris.

This happened to me during an rover accident, kerbal became ragdol, fell off the seat and ended standing as debris.

Stupidly he still consumed resources in tac life support.

Related has anybody else had kerbals become debris, they stand upright and don't react to controls, in map mode they disapear from the eva tab and is listed under debris.

This happened to me during an rover accident, kerbal became ragdol, fell off the seat and ended standing as debris.

Maybe his brain fell out?

yeah I have guys stranded all over the mun. they fell out of the rover and stopped responding. standing forever in a T stance, there eyes fixated on the horizon.

I built a lander with a grabber so I can recover them... one day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.