Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hi! I was sucked into the world of KSP by this comic on XKCD:

xkcd.com/1244/

Flew a couple of flights in the demo, found myself hooked, and bought the full version. Currently working on reliably launching and getting into orbit with my own rocket design. Next step – an Apollo 8 style orbit Mun and return mission.

Edited by peterh

Thanks, Everything seems to be going well. Only glitch I have come across is when adding the KW Rocketry mod to the program on my MacBook Pro. Crashes during the loading process at the exact same place every time. Figured I just wont use it until I can figure it out. Thanks for such a great and addicting program. Keep up the good work.

Hi! I was sucked into the world of KSP by this comic on XKCD:

xkcd.com/1244/

Flew a couple of flights in the demo, found myself hooked, and bought the full version. Currently working on reliably launching and getting into orbit with my own rocket design. Next step – an Apollo 8 style orbit Mun and return mission.

Interesting.. I don't even know/remember where I first heard about KSP. It took me a while to try it out... I also think initially I googled KSP and got the impression it was nor released on PC yet or the wrong idea about the nature of the game. (I thought it was MULTIPLAYER and so my distant internet connection would not work).

Ahh.. welcome then

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I've played for about 60 hours before posting on the forum, and have made it to eve and duna (no mechjeb/cheats!), though not back in either case. While not great at flying or playing I love the game, and can't wait for .22.

I'd been somewhat interested in KSP for awhile, watched Scott Manley's and Danny's youtube videos. Thing is I don't have the hardware capible of running it. On the other hand this is basically a community of rocket scientists, astronomy nuts, and basically the sort of people that I might feel at home with since I'd been interested in 'space' ever since I had memory... just about anyway. Thing is for the time being I was going to nose around to try getting information on an old old project Iwanted to recreate which involves generation ships and how a meeting between two such ships that are several generations removed from eachother (IE both are relatively new, but if we use the analogy of families they'd be distaint cousins instead of siblings.)

FIgure a community of amature rocket scientists would be helpful on details I'm a bit hazey on.

Hi all, Ive been dabbling around for a while and decided to make the plunge for the mun. After many failures and rebuilds I actually got to land on the mun, what a sense of achievement from this small step, I will continue to dabble with mun landings while I learn more features of the game, hope you all get the kick I do, it's brill.

hi everyone, how do i download the latest version of ksp? i started playing about a year ago and had to stop for a while. now i cant get the patcher to update. plus, how do you make it full screen?

Welcome danilo,

This is answer to Your first question:

Well, You need to log-in into your account at kerbalspaceprogram.com and then access to your game copy from Your account page - orange "Your Account" button in upper right corner of the page.

Also You can transfer your game into steam account if You prefer to keep KSP on steam instead downloading it.

You can set game resolution and switch between full screen and windowed mode in Video settings.

Video settings are accessible from main menu by selecting SETTINGS, then go to Graphics card (one 4 buttons on top of the screen) and select your screen resolution and disable window mode in section Video.

I hope this will help You enjoying the game :).

Have a nice day !

Hi Will, I was a bit worried that my laptop would not be up to the job but in fact it's not too bad at all, of course it does get laggy sometimes but as I'm not a too experienced kerbo I guess my part counts are relatively small.

I'm running a Lenovo T500 with Intel P8600 @ 2.4GHz, 4GB ram and ATI mobility radeon HD360 (256 mb).

Hey Everyone! My name is Alec. I have been playing KSP since around the .18 release, and at this point I can confidently say I am quite addicted to the game. I just recently decided to join the forums to join the gaming community and make the experience all that much better!

Hello everyone. I am a poster at Civfanatics Center under the same username. Everyone calls me hobbs instead of hobbsyoyo. I was introduced to this game by a fellow CFCer who also posts here named cardgame. I've been playing the game for about a year and I've been lurking here for about as long. I've hit some problems with my rocket designs that I can't seem to fix so I joined so that I can ask questions and finally partake in some srsbizness KSP discussions.

Question: How do I change my user avatar?

Thanks and Hello!

Well, I figure I might as well make an intro. *Clears throat* Greetings and Salutations fellow Kerbalnaughts. I've been playing for a couple of months and have just now decided to join the forums and provide valuable insight to the newer generation (Those that have been playing less than I) I may not have left Kerbin SOI yet (Mostly due to my own personal limitation) but I am well on my way!

Hello all.

Been watching Youtube videos of KSP for way to long, so finally took the plunge.

What can I say, I am hooked.

Love the whole "career" mode, as I think this was the main reason I finally gave in and parted with some cash.

Hope to use this forum to the max.

Fly safe,

Steve