[1.2][v0.9.7]Kerbal Live Feed - Interstellar Flight Inc (FORK)

Stavell

3 hours ago, mmgfrcs said:

Mmm... apart from the update frequency, I haven't found the problem yet

Have you tried:

1. Running the game without the DLL (with the client)
  2. Running the game with the DLL (without the client)

Maybe this will narrow down the search, either the DLL or the client (or both, which means it's not narrowed down obviously)

read up ive did that before. with or without the client running is the same.

thats why me and teh other guy was asking if maybe something in the klf .dll is in some way causeing the game to clamp fps at half of what it shouold be.

here a quick test i did with no mods installedd yesterday see if u notice something.

normal--->with kfl

1.  120fps--->60fps

2. 140fps---->60fps

3. 180---->60fps

4.  200fps---->60fps(yeah i can get over 200fps with no mods)

Running the same conditions as my previous post (stock Aeris 4A vessel on SPH):

1. With client, without DLL: 60fps
2. Without client, with DLL: 33fps

In fract, I noticed the framedrop since the game was loaded, even before loading the save.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, mmgfrcs said:

Troublesome DLL

I think the refresh rates need to be slower then

I'll try to post a temporary patch later

hope it be something simple to fix it as my modded game is unplayable with it installed. 50-60fps normal without klf folder installed and 3-12 fps with it insstalled :(.

So the drop came when the DLL is loaded

Let me see...

(Waiting for Stavell as well now, he's the one who understand his own code)

8 minutes ago, sidfu said:

50-60fps normal without klf folder installed and 3-12 fps with it insstalled :(.

Man 3-12 fps... *rage quit*

well mmgfrcs as u know every mod u install has varrying fps drops due to various even a texture pack. with no mods installed i can get over 200+ fps. ofcouse i dont want 200 fps as that give u a headache after a while :cool:.

now that i think about it if i remember right didnt the fps issue onlly realy come up once the stock toolbar part ws added maybe?if i reember right kerbal engineer had a similar problem before when in vab if u had the windoes for kerbal engineer open the fps woould drop similarly to how klf is causeing all fps to be low.

2 hours ago, sidfu said:

well mmgfrcs as u know every mod u install has varrying fps drops due to various even a texture pack. with no mods installed i can get over 200+ fps. ofcouse i dont want 200 fps as that give u a headache after a while :cool:

Well yes, it did cause FPS drop, but it took 16 mods to lower my FPS by 15

It's not that a mod halves your FPS immediately, though

200 FPS? :0.0: *head explodes*

12 minutes ago, Stavell said:

Try this DLL let me know if it makes any difference...

Not for me, still a normal FPS

jusst tested it on my moded install and im back up to  what it should be. there is some flutiations in the fps thou its not as constant on the space center screen as before but its beetter than the 2-12 fps i had before now its showing fllutating from 20-50 where without klf it consstant 40-50 area

Glad to hear

This has been an awesome mod and one of the best solution for semi-multiplayer gameplay

I can now teach my friend how to play KSP with this

And for the FPS patch... that's a lot of changing if the RenderManager would break the whole mod

EDIT: I saw that the NullReference exception is still an issue. Is that right? (I don't have that issue anymore)

Edited by mmgfrcs
Asking forgotten questions

I'd highly recommend adding a copy of the config file with the default server already input to the archive. This way people wouldn't have to manually type in the server when they want to try out this mod. Hopefully this can help a little with the initial setup for new users.

FakeEdit: I was beaten to this post by the only other person currently using this add-on

I would love to do so because it's an easy fix, but I can't compile the client right now as I have no access to my computer for now

If Stavell's still not available by the time I returned to my computer, I may post a patch for that

It's a nice minor idea overall

(About the hostname patch)

Stavell has released the official version for this, so I'll be deleting this one

For KSP 1.0.5 (v9.5, maybe? Or 9.4?), however, I might still be posting that, along with the fix he's done in the 1.1 version

Edited by mmgfrcs
Response to Stavell's update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.