.90 Clicking on Launch Pad doesn't work

I am slowly in the process of getting .90 to work. ATM seems to do wonders. However I've run into an odd bug.

From the Space Center Window, Clicking on the Launch Pad will bring up the ship/kerbalnaut selection window. I can choose both ship and 'naut, but clicking on the "launch" icon takes me back to the Space Center window and... nothing happens.

Clicking on the Launch Pad again causes nothing to happen. Clicking on the VAB -will- bring up that interior, allow me to load and mod ships AND launch them.

Has anyone had something like this happen?

Ok... off to see if I can figure out the whole "openGL" thing.

After some searching online I discovered a "fix" for the launch pad problem. Apparently the free anti-virus program "Avast" doesn't like Kerbal Space Program. A gc error heap problem. Making a change to how Avast deals with it's maleware "sandbox" seems to fox this problem. I'll post a link after breakfast.

Very strange, possibly Avast is blocking KSP from writing the save file when you try to launch that way.

Avast is known for interfering with a lot of legitimate programs; it is one of those anti-viruses that requires that the user set a lot of exceptions in order to get it to behave itself. Me personally, I do not prefer Avast. I personally prefer Microsoft Security Essentials along with another program called EMET (Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit), a combo that will prevent most malware from getting onto your computer and that does not interfere with games if EMET is set to default settings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.