[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

FkoKtTn.png

this mod isn't working for me anymore for some reason, just doesn't want to load. to be specific the skybox isn't changing to whatever I placed into the Default folder. I don't even see the default folder here in this structure according to CKAN but it exists in my actual file explorer...? texture replacer is installed to Z:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Default

edit: it looks like ckan doesn't show empty folders.

Edited by italon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 7:50 PM, JollyRogeeer said:

hello, does anyone know how to make the skybox as bright as in the map?oR7TgzQH6P7DnNORDxJBuE5uITKesZi1nb_QmWnECYlxLowkLltRlN_PBaQ20ftp695SuyMPsF3Ibh4J

Check your distant object settings.

Also, question about helmet/vessel reflections.

Why does this happen?

CLOUDS
As u can see, there are not clouds in the reflections at ground altitude. Ground elements are reflected correctly.
3aNLk6s.png
85.000m
OUVca5G.png
120.000m

7YVFYNK.png

Noticed that in this distance, kerbin does a fast flickering when moving camera, which is possible to be related.
160.000m? Flickering (i think it's reloading kerbin textures, but not sure why)
lmWywon.png
159.993m (camera near planet)
CDu0ok3.png
159.993m (camera far from planet, no reflections)

Q9ZOZuY.png

200.000m (all good)

chLfSNS.png

Its the same behaviour that you have on helmets... the problem is that the game updates the 3D layer into 2D layer and reflection only works with 2D layer, but i'm guessing, im noob. i'm using chrome colour on TURD. Also the update reflection of the helmet is much slower, i did changes on @default.cfg (reflection resolution and interval) with no luck, any help?

Edited by NaviG

• 2 weeks later...

I see where the ability of TR to remove helmets automatically upon spawning was removed back in 3.6. 

Does anyone know of a patch that would restore a kerbal deploying on Kerbin's surface without their helmet?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the opposite problem. I put a black 256x256.png file in the default folder and got the silver reflection.  But I can no longer see the kerbal's faces and raising and lowering the visor does nothing. 

I tried taking the black png file out of the default folded and now the reflection is still on and I can no longer get it back to where I can see the kerbal faces???

Used Photoshop..  had to use export/save for web/png-24 with transparency.

How do I undo visor reflection and return to being able to see the kerbal's faces?

Edited by ctbram

Hi, how do you equip a suit to my kerbal? I saw the icon in the space center toolbar and tried to put a suit on and I typed something in the textbox and pressed "dump" but nothing happened/ How do I use this?  Thanks.

Edited by JamezGamer

after adding EVAvisor.png in the default folder raise / lower visor no longer works!

after taking EVAvisor.png out of the default folder and relaunching the visor is still silver and the raise / lower visor still no longer works?

can someone please tell me how to fix this?  I have tried completely removing and reinstalling texturereplacer.  I am far into a career and do not want to have to restart because of this.

• 4 months later...