Can't lauch because it's too heavy

Out of no where I am getting this werrid error that I have never seen before. I am playing on science mode not career. I have built some rather large and heavy crafts before that I never had a problem with. I am early in the game. I built a farily simple craft with 1.5m parts, nothing that should be heavy but I get this weird error. "The Launch pad can't support vessels heavier than 34028232346638529000000000000000000000t total mass is NaNt" Anyone have any clue what this means and why I am getting this?

That is (almost certainly) a bug somewhere.

Does either a) quitting to the main menu and reloading the save, or B) closing KSP entirely and restarting the game help?

If so it was probably a one-off glitch; shrug and move on.

If not, are you using any mods? If so, try removing them one at a time and see if that resolves the issue. If it does, you've found the culprit and you might like to let the author know.

If not using mods and restarting doesn't clear it, then you should follow the Stock Support and Bug Reporting Guide, and request support in the support forum.

Hope you get it sorted.

Yes, this sounds like a bug of some kind, so I've moved it to the support forum. If you don't mind, have a look at this thread. It'll tell you what information will help us out, primarily a craft file, a pictures, and probably the logs (if you can get it to happen again).

Cheers,

~Claw

Strange... What kind of engine was it?

I'm guessing a mod one with the electric charge isTweakable is set to true and/or the hideFlow is set to false. The old B9 engines had a similar problem where you could fiddle with the alternator output and cause an NaN on the electric charge amount which would then propagate to the mass of the entire vessel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.