The Oscar-B Awards! (Results Are Out!!)

BagelRabbit

And I was worried this was over. I'm glad it isn't!

EDIT: Uh-oh, I can't decide between HALCO and Oscar-B awards... Someone please help me decide which one to put in my signature. SOMEONE HELP!

EDIT2: Oscar-B is more important.

Edited by FireFaced

Hello everyone!

It's time to cast my personal nominations.

(Note that these won't have any more or less of a bearing on the scores than anyone else's entries....)

Best Showcase Channel: Me (BagelRabbit). While my content may lack some of the polish of others' channels, it still delivers some quality bugs and nice craft with some humor thrown in the mix.

Best Comedy Channel: Felsmak. Utterly insane in every way possible. (I mean that in a good way.) Featuring a unique blend of humor, Felsmak's videos are also quite well-edited and feature some seriously cool ideas.

Best Up-and-Coming YouTuber: Avera9eJoe. Avera9eJoe's consistent quality and eye for detail merits far more than the ~150 subscribers he's acquired. Check his channel out if you haven't already!

Best Inactive Channel: Andrew Hansen. Andrew was a prominent and up-and-coming YouTuber when he disappeared off the face of the earth, about six months ago. His videos are well-known and well-loved, even today.

~~~

I'll do the final update to the list in the morning, once any other last-minute entries have been submitted.

'Night, all!

-Upsilon

Edited by UpsilonAerospace

So, two people have submitted their scores to me so far. I'm currently working on my own scoring sheet.

I don't think I'll give anything away by saying this: The two judges who have submitted so far had eerily similar preferences in some categories and completely different preferences in others. It'll be interesting to see what the scores will be when everything's rounded out.

I'd love to see your personal scores for categories and such!

How would people fare if you were the judge? Who deserves honors and recognition?

If this gets popular enough, I may even add in an 'Audience Choice' award for the entries that receive the most love!

~~~

(Judges, if you post on here, try to make your answers as vague as possible so that no one has any idea of what you're saying. I'll likely do the same over the next couple of days as the other judges submit their scores to me.)

-Upsilon

(Judges, if you post on here, try to make your answers as vague as possible so that no one has any idea of what you're saying. I'll likely do the same over the next couple of days as the other judges submit their scores to me.)

-Upsilon

So you're saying I shouldn't tell them I based all my votes on how many explosions were in each video?*

*Not enough. Not nearly enough...

Are people voting, or is it just the judges?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my notepad-ified list of votes:

Bob Fitch

Danny2462

Bob Fitch

Chris P. Bacon

Bob Fitch

Macey Dean

TheCrazyCarts

The Battle For Laythe (Macey Dean)

Scott Manley Landing an Actual SpaceX Rocket (Stefan Noack, Scott Manley)

Project Alexandria #1 (Bob Fitch)

Kerbal Space Program- Ares: Voyage to Mars - RSS (Chris P. Bacon)

G-Force Damage (Hazard-ish)

Project Odyssey

Are people voting, or is it just the judges?

Again, the judges will have the final say on the vote, but it would be nice to get others' opinions as well! Thanks for your list. Maybe some others will join in the fun too!

Oh, and Xacktar, will this video bump me up a place? (I'm just kidding... but hey! It's got explosions in it. Lots of explosions.)

-Upsilon

Again, the judges will have the final say on the vote, but it would be nice to get others' opinions as well! Thanks for your list. Maybe some others will join in the fun too!

Oh, and Xacktar, will this video bump me up a place? (I'm just kidding... but hey! It's got explosions in it. Lots of explosions.)

-Upsilon

Gotta love explosions!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, SpaceX is landing a rocket on my house! *grabs snacks*

-Upsilon

I missed that one! Dang, that is awesome. Kinda want to try it myself now.

I hope to start my judging soon, as I'm involved in organizing IT support for a large multinational sporting event over the next 3 weeks.

Shift work is a bummer.

In the meantime I'm also building some example craft for a work in progress mod update.

Apologies for the wait, I understand some of my fellow judges had already submitted their verdicts.

I will have two judging slots this week before my schedule goes straight to total war levels this weekend; tomorrow, where an 'elite force' of engineers and I can get a lot of stuff done before it's even daylight US time, and on Thursday night / Friday morning US time, which is my first off day since forever.

That means... judgment day is coming! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.