Eyes Turned Skyward

G'th

In my quest to replicate the Eyes Turned Skyward US Rockets and Spacecraft, I have come, very nearly to completion. The AARDV's are now done, as are my renditions of the Artemis hardware. (Which I kitbashed using regular LM parts, as the actual Altair/Artemis type lander parts I could use bug my game like crazy atm)

And, my crowning achievement, is the full design of Space Station Freedom, which considering the sheer complexity and the lack of angles, comes VERY close to being an accurate replica.

Here's an album showcasing the new spacecraft, a picture of the CSM's (Too lazy to do a better picture atm), and an image of Freedom itself in almost operational state (though on Kerbin):

Javascript is disabled. View full album

axZWaah.jpg

The way I designed the station, a lot of it is going to be constructed in Orbit (mostly support bits, like antennas, extra batteries, and the like, as well as all science experiments), due mainly to part count on launch issues (from what I can gather, if I place it in a 250km orbit, I'll have little to no FPS issues, but launch is a different story), as well as the fact that'll just be cooler that way and will follow with how it was constructed in the ETS timeline. With the current module selections and no plans to add any other non-canon analogue modules to it, it could support 26 Kerbals (though in operation will carry far less) for 6 months of Kerbal time. I also made an effort to ensure the station was "boostable", as in, if I reinforced the structure in flight, I would be able to complete re-boosting missions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.