SCANsat
Treeloader
TweakScale
Karbonite
KarbonitePlus
UniversalStorage
KSPI

[B]Reproduction steps:
[/B][/B][/B][/B][B]Build Science Lab. Launch into orbit. Send data to lab and start research. Wait until at least 1 unit of Science is produced and click transmit. Data will send on the active antenna, but antenna will be stuck on "Comms: Uploading data...".[/B][B][B][B][B]

[B]Log:[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[Error]: [R&D]: No Science Subject found with id sciencelab@Mun
[Log]: RemoteTech: Changing RnDCommsStream timeout from 0.3 to 0.3200073
[Log]: RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Research results) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 109 - Files to Go: 0
.... lines counting down packets to go....
[Log]: RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Research results) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 0
[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hrm, normally this is an issue associated with Science Alert, but you do not appear to have that installed. Your log is incomplete, so I cannot diagnose the issue just yet. Please upload the full log, which will have more information about that NullReferenceException. Instructions on how to find this log can be found [url=http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29]here[/url].

[I][B]ADDED ISSUE[/B]: Even though the lab says there is only 300/500 data loaded, i cannot send anymore experiments to it. for example an EVA report (33 data) will not send as it says there isnt enough data storage, and then the option to send it to the lab again does not remain.[/I]

Thanks for the quick response, and apologies, the full log has been uploaded here: [URL]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B983PQYzmSJWVGdqZHQwVmt2Mjg/view?usp=sharing[/URL]

The TLDR is pasted below:

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ResearchAndDevelopment.GetScienceValue (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ResearchAndDevelopment.SubmitScienceData (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar, .ProtoVessel source, Boolean reverseEngineered) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RnDCommsStream.submitStreamData (.ProtoVessel source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RnDCommsStream.StreamData (Single dataAmount, .ProtoVessel source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTDataTransmitter+<Transmit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Game Paused!

No, I've never had Science Alert installed, however I have read many people quoting this as the root cause to very similar problems.
Also a bit of background - started a new science mode save in 1.0.5. didnt do a fresh install of mods though, so ive been updating them all as they migrate. First ever use of the labs, so I can't say it was working on stock KSP. Edited by Odyessus
added an issue

[quote name='Nansuchao']What kind of Interstellar are you using? the old 0.90 release or the 1.0.5 Interstellar Extended?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, should have made that clear in the OP. According to WarpPlugin->Plugins->KSP-Insterstellar-Extended.version its 1.6.1.0

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Arsonide']Ah, yes, this is an issue with RemoteTech that will affect the science lab and the orbital survey's science experiment. I'll poke the author of the mod.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! It would be great to get a solution soon. Perhaps I'm not alone in having this issue but even so, as this is my first run through a science campaign, I'm very eager to get all the science I can by abusing my scientists in a lab :)

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue with remote tech not sending science lab data.  It will go through the motions & count up to 100%.  It never actually transmits it tho.  Once this happens my antenna's get stuck saying transmitting data....but it never does.  Once this happens I cannot transmit anything else until i deactivate and reactivate the antenna.

4 hours ago, Crash Zero said:

I am having the same issue with remote tech not sending science lab data.  It will go through the motions & count up to 100%.  It never actually transmits it tho.  Once this happens my antenna's get stuck saying transmitting data....but it never does.  Once this happens I cannot transmit anything else until i deactivate and reactivate the antenna.

hi,

I have the exact same problem. I think , as temporary workaround, you can delete the RemoteTech.dll and RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg
It allows transmission. However, no idea how it will impact the game if you then restore...

• 1 month later...

I also have this problem.. have a filled  1000/1000 interstellar extended science laboratory and a normal mobile processing lab with 500/500 on same station, and none of them will transmit the science, the text up right is sending correctly and write "Done." at the end, but its not transmittet..

yesterday I could send the data from both science labs, thus it was only 20 and 110 I sent.. weird bug :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.